BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Export

Post by m_2975 »

Cavmad,

Thanks for your reply.

OK, I had a look at prices to get a BX from the UK to Australia. It's £1700 per car plus £300 for insurance. This doesn't include the Australian Import duty and GST applicable to it upon arrival. There would be another £300 additional.
This would be in a private container and shipped directly from the A13 near Barking/East London to Melbourne Australia.

The car can be happily filled to the top with parts as long as they are documented fully.

I would be completely indebted to someone who would do such a thing for me and would feel guilty as I could not really do the same for someone in the UK as there isn't much that I can get my hands on here that you guys would want. Let me know if there is though as I can find it!

I think that it would be a better idea for me to keep searching here in Australia for a car unless my dream BX came along. That would have to be a mint 1993 BX TZD Turbo Sedan with factory airconditioning, alloy wheels, less then 100k miles on it and in any colour that shines. They never brought the Diesels into Australia so i'd also need a reliable source of spares from the UK for quick despatch.

Let me know what you come up with cavmad. I would pay top dollar and I'd be interested in importing one if it was exactly what I wanted and available in November this year.

Should a TZD never come along i'll just find myself another low mileage TZI and be a happy camper.

:lol: :lol:
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`m sure between us all we could help out. Spares wise I`ve certainly got quite a few left, finding a nice TZD with air con may be trickier though but if anything shows up I`ll let you know and perhaps other members can keep their eyes peeled?
Vauxhall apologist.
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

bx

Post by m_2975 »

Thanks cavmad. A TZD Turbo is my dream. I know it sounds daft but that's what happens when we have lots of petrol GTI's and the like but no Diesels.

Thanks again
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
M

Re: Export

Post by M »

m_2975 wrote:I could not really do the same for someone in the UK as there isn't much that I can get my hands on here that you guys would want.
One of my patients has been banging on about selling some Kangaroo Poo today - apparently the local chavites cant get enough of it.
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

HAHAHAHA

Post by m_2975 »

HAHAHAHA

I think that there would be a little bit of an issue getting the poo through customs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, if there's something that any of you need and I can help, please let me know. BX related or not. I am very experienced with computers so if there's anything that you need done on the computer please let me know.

Speaking of computers, who'se in charge of updating the BX Club website? I sent off some new photos and a brief few words about it about 3 months ago and it hasn't been updated on the website. No meaning to be pushy or anything though.
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A