BX TZD 1.9TD-much reduced!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Seems a waste to me too Billy, sureley someone out there needs a 1.9 turbo BX they are damned good fun you know folks and they are becoming increasingly rare now that Vanny has finally killed his :oops:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It is a waste, Stewart, a bloody big one at that. However engine hopefully going into my estate (and quite possibly the leather too), and the remains are going to save or help at least another 3 cars so far.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Really good BX bodyshells are now getting very rare indeed. This is the sole reason I took the Silver estate on. I didn't consider the green TZD estate that came up a week later, although it was in better mechanical condition than mine, the bodywork was scruffy and as such would limit the time that it would be around.
I reckon yours at most needs a fuel pump change and not a complete change of engine, the bodywork on yours might warrant a straight swap of engine if needed but nothing more, in my honest opinion

Of course it's your car to do with as you wish, but I will be saddened to see this rare motor broken up given the time and trouble someone has already invested in it. Not to mention the money.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks, Ken, and as daft as it sounds I readily agree with you. It`s taken a bit of soul searching to come to this. I have considered the option of re-fitting the n/a engine from the estate into the TZD hatch but possibly a bridge too far.
Even with the handful of parts nominated to go to save/help other cars it could still be sold on as a going concern I suppose. Alas due to various other comittments I`ve sort of been forced in to the decision to brake it up although it was very hard to decide to do so.
The main reason I bought the car was really for the engine though I did intend to try and keep the car together and even now I`m pondering on whether to keep nearly the entire remains of the TZD until such time I find another white hatchback with body problems.
The thought of having the 1.9TD planted into a car with a good MOT left on it is one plus which keeps me going as it will be put to good, regular use and if/when the time comes I`d seriously consider getting shut of the Sharan which (due to excessive mileage) is starting to develop new problems by the day!
There`s also some sort of vague consideration of getting a mortgage now before it`s too late and we`ve just (tonight) been told of a very nice house belonging to one of the outlaws which is apparantly available at a very much reduced price, though whether we can actually afford it is another matter altogether of course.
I have also come to the conclusion that whilst breaking the TZD would realise more money I`d still rather get less back and see the car saved so it`s not completely out of the water. I think once the weekend is over I`ll have a clearer view of proceedings and if anyone is interested the car will be available as a whole, with or without the engine currently fitted to it and as I say if someone wanted to take it on with the n/a engine this could be arranged. As ever Ken I appreciate sensible comments/suggestions like your`s and thankyou for your views.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

quote, The thought of having the 1.9TD planted into a car with a good MOT left on it is one plus. unquote.

My point entirely, due to the amount of work involved, if I were looking to undertake this I'd want to be certain that the recipient car would be capable of passing many more MOT's and not just because it has one current.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Surely if you MOT it you'll make your money back and then some? You know what people are like about buying cars with no MOT....most are gutless! :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Right, last chance saloon as I`ve had a few false dawns with this car now. Once a few odd trim parts have been collected and possibly the alloys (will be replaced by steels with good tyres) then it`ll be available. Minus leather but with nice TXD trim and most importantly the 1.9TD engine still fitted I`ll want £150 which is definately not negotiable. I`ll even go out of my way to find replacement small trim items for the bits which are going at the weekend to help Doc. I could honestly get a lot more than £150 in parts and weigh in alone so I don`t think I`m being mercenary plus I would get my garage back. I`ll even deliver it within about 50 miles of here for a very fair rate.
This is someone`s chance to put their money up & save the car, though it`s been offered before, and I won`t be too amused if it gets stripped for parts. If you can`t put it back on the road then let someone else have it.
It can`t be here for too much longer so any genuine interested parties please get in touch.
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

You can't be fairer than that.Come on somebody save this car,Anyone?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks, BB. It`s been on offer long enough for someone to have bought it and it`s cost me quite a bit on top of what the fomer keeper had spent on it.
I appreciate that people have perfectly good reasons to have been interested but not be able to raise the money or find the room and time to take it on but as I say it`s been available for a while now.
If it does get stripped (which would be a shame, I agree) then I believe I`ve given people a good enough chance to have saved it.
That`s NOT a dig at anyone, just fact. Come on people, get it saved!
Vauxhall apologist.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Barnsley BXer wrote:You can't be fairer than that.Come on somebody save this car,Anyone?
Yep Come on BXers, It seems like a machine with potential, i have driven up the private road in this, feels alright to me. of course with two already unMOT'd cars and without the ready dosh plus lack of BX mechanical knowledge its not for me sadly, but at cavmads rockbottomest its time to snap his hand off!

Hope it finds a good home, be that a loving new home or a BXestate.
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I cant believe nobody has gone for this. Is it known what its problems are?
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I think so but just in case: tyres (though I`ll have some standard steels with good enough tyres somewhere), ABS sensor and have noticed a leak from the back after suspension has been in `high` mode and left to sink back. Other than that I don`t know but it`s open to full inspection and test drive off road somewhere if required.
Space situation is getting worse and it really needs to go asap or face the axe. I hate to put pressure on but it`s reality I`m afraid.
I have a Rover to collect soon (a freebie) which needs the garage space.
Incidentally I`ll accept a small deposit (£25?) to hold the car for a week or so if someone`s genuinely interested and if someone`s willing to pay for an MOT test I`ll take it there and bring it back so you know exactly what it`ll need. This is subject to time but next week would be ok shifts permitting. I`ll scan or copy word for word what the failure sheet and you can nominate any garage in or close to Chester to take it to.
I am going to have to put a deadline on this so if no news by weekend start asking for parts.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Is Vanny not interested?
Over and out from me
Martyn
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Martyn »

While i have only just joined I have followed thread as I am looking for replacement for f***. I would still be interested but am at end of expensive month. I have never seen leather interior, could pics be posted? Also, is ABS not working or just light?. Still mourning the passing of my last bx, zx replacement = rubbish!
1992 txd

1991 1.7 tzd
M

Post by M »

mott999 wrote:I want a Citroen a lot, but i'm afraid of my wife a lot more
:lol:
Sounds just like mine - I recently bought an estate off eBay and had to sleep outside overnight when I told the wife.... Incidentally Vanny, have you picked it up yet?