BROKEN DOWN!

BX Tech talk
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there tim,
listen if you get totally stuck and need a last resort then i have one for you!!! was in my local scrappers few days back and they have a couple of these car. now i know im in edinburgh but if you get really stuck then i could get one off for you and post it. they want 88 quid something for the head that includes vat and the postage would be about well guessing maybe 20 quid but i have no idea really. anyhows if you are stuck let me know.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks mate, thats a great offer, im going to have the original head skimmed and revalved so i know its sound, buying a used head you never know what your getting. Ive been quouted £50 plus the cost of the valves which im happy with, sadly that doesnt include the cost of taking the head off, the cambelt kit, and puttinbg all back together again :shock:
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
this may be too late but......... here is a whole engine for 60 quid

OFFERED
Citroen 1. 8 Petrol Engine fitted to Xantia, zx, xm etc and some Peugeot range, good starter/ runner, complete all ancilliaries, also available - gearbox, other Xantia parts, please call further details, can be heard running, if no reply please leave message and number -will get back to you, Tel: (07039) 524678
Price:£60.00
Town:Norwich
Postcode:NR10
This Advert was placed on - 17th November 2006
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Bugger, have already organised the work to be done, the labour cost to get the old one out and the new one in would make the £60 not to cheap.

Thanks anyway tho matey
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

A skim and some new valves shouldnt break the bank Tim, especially compared to paying someone to remove another head which you may as well get skimmed, shimmed, new guide seals before fitment.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Am being told about £100 for the valves and a skim which i think is good value.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Just had the bill from CB engineering £150, thats rebuilt with all new valves and ready to roll. Just need gaskets now and headbolts
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

tim leech wrote:Just had the bill from CB engineering £150, thats rebuilt with all new valves and ready to roll. Just need gaskets now and headbolts
That's pretty good, I paid about the same for the octopus job! :shock: :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Am calculating £450 including everything, which is £50 more than I paid for the whol care less than a year and 500 miles ago!
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Cost.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hello Tim. Well I guess its expence you could well have done without, particularly at this time of year, keep your spirits up at least when its sorted then you wont have to worry about it.
All the best.
Cheers.
Geoff.
PS. Not in anyway getting at you, I/we that is Chris ALWAYS changes the cam belt, water pump and tensioners on a "new" (unknown.) engine, saves so much trouble. Bl**dy elastic bands. Should be a warning printed.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.