Mirror Fix

BX Tech talk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

djoptix wrote:I suggest you follow him home and urinate in his garden - this may make you feel better about the whole affair 8)
I'd recommend dropping a nuke on his house! :D
I have two Polaris war heads in stock that could be spirited away.... :evil: :shock: 8) :D

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Hi all,
Went to get some 'spirits of salts' for another cleaning job today and while in this Ironmongers/toolmerchants spotted & bought some Loctite Rearview Mirror Bonder for 1.77+vat I'm pleased to see this fits with your mesh/glue recommendations. :D

Regarding cleaning on this job I use "Perklone" which is a degreaser & amongst other uses the solvent used in Dry Cleaning Machines. 8)

And Geoff/Chris just a thought IPA may sting but 'spirits of salts' would do you permanent damage. :shock:

Will try out the Loctite tomorrow & let you know, cheers :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Way2go wrote:And Geoff/Chris just a thought IPA may sting but 'spirits of salts' would do you permanent damage. :shock:

Will try out the Loctite tomorrow & let you know, cheers :D
Sounds interesting..... :D I like permanant damage!

In what context are you going to try the Loctite given the above statement matey!!!??? :shock: :D :roll: :cry: :D :shock:

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron1472 wrote: Will try out the Loctite tomorrow & let you know, cheers :D
Sounds interesting..... :D I like permanant damage!

In what context are you going to try the Loctite given the above statement matey!!!??? :shock: :D :roll: :cry: :D :shock:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah......I may be safe here it says on the card that its only suitable for glass & metal only, so won't be able to attach mirror to any part of my anatomy. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I might try it for the hell of it!
I've got no other use for it! :wink:

Cheers
Chris G

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron1472 wrote: I might try it for the hell of it!
I've got no other use for it! :wink:
:D :D :D :D :D

:idea: Don't do that 'cos if that's a reference to a woman exiting stage left, there will be another entering stage right before the end of the play!
:D :D :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
sorry im a lazy git and haven't bothered reading all the posts, but anyhow if you stiil aint got it fixed then all i can say is i have used araldite rapid and masking tape on my old 1.4 bx and on my current 16v to repair this and its worked perfectly.

now the method is to slide out the metal part from the mirror plastic bit. stick very little araldite rapid on it (just a spot) and stick it to the CLEAN screen in the right place then secure it with masking tape firmly to the windscreen then go inside make a cup of tea watch jerry springer for half an hour then go back out pull the tape off slide the mirror down into place and bobs your uncle.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Way2go wrote:And Geoff/Chris just a thought IPA may sting
I would have thought International Pale Ale would be quite mellow actually. Though it might leave a sticky residue.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

djoptix wrote: Though it might leave a sticky residue.
Er, :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :oops: thats another pair ruined then! :oops:

:D :D :D :D :roll:

Cheers
Chris G

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Way2go wrote: :idea: Don't do that 'cos if that's a reference to a woman exiting stage left, there will be another entering stage right before the end of the play!
:D :D :D
Oh, she exited stage left some time ago, or I did, not sure which but either way the play drew to a close! :D
I've now turned into a misogynist so the next female type that enters stage right will meet with a No.4 coal shovel, back of the head, roll of carpet, mendips! Job done! :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :D :D

Not that I'm bitter obviousley! :roll: :D :D

Cheers
chris G

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Well, I glued said mirror with the Loctite Mesh kit yesterday and the mount is still attached :D Not only that, I attached the mirror to the mount in the evening and adjused it and so far so good! 8) :lol:

Before fitting the mirror, I applied some silicon grease to the ball joint as it was still quite stiff even after an application of 3in1 oil. The silicon grease did a better job after I wiped off the 3in1! :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto