BX TZD Turbo Estate with aircon for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:TDs are quicker than your average car, you cant compare them to a 16v. Midrange acceleration on them is quite surprising!
Yeah but its not fast is it? 16v's aren't what I'd call fast either. They're quite quick for a "normal" car I reckon.

It just makes me chuckle on here the way people rate the TD's as fast cars :P . I know they're quite pokey for a diesel, but they're not quick cars. They're not supposed to be though to be fair.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Depends on what you are used to, last month I had a drive in a new 911 Turbo with over 400bhp, and 60 in under 4 seconds NOW THATS quick.

Still think the 16v is a quick car for what it is, and my old V8 SD1 still embaresses alot newer cars when I get the right gear!

TZDs will cruise easily at 100mph, not bad for a 15 year old car
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:D
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Some people are picky about such things and it shows the car has been looked after as those are easy items to break...
Its a fair point mate, you only need look at those glove box hinges and they break.
I was only teasing, I just had my carcastic mouth on!! :wink: :lol:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:Depends on what you are used to, last month I had a drive in a new 911 Turbo with over 400bhp, and 60 in under 4 seconds NOW THATS quick.

Still think the 16v is a quick car for what it is, and my old V8 SD1 still embaresses alot newer cars when I get the right gear!

TZDs will cruise easily at 100mph, not bad for a 15 year old car
Yeah see the 911 is fast. Its German, but even so its still fast. :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Fair play though BX Bandit, in hindsight a glovebox is pretty small game to the state of the rear arms or exhaust... :lol:

But you should see the questions people ask when you put sumfink on ebay :!:
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote: TZDs will cruise easily at 100mph, not bad for a 15 year old car
My diesel tops out at 142mph and goes like bl**dy hell. Inbetween blowing the turbo and head gasket :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The valver is a fast car for what it is. i.e. a normally aspirated petrol car thats getting on now.

You cant really compare a Porsche to a valver. Two different worlds.
If you want real acceleration try a Tornado GR4!!! :wink: :lol:

Incidentally I've never had a glovebox break on me, nd mine are usually filled to the gunnels with sh!te!!!
Must be lucky I guess! :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I wouldnt compare a valver to a £90000 porsche!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Na, nor me mate, different kettle of fish.
I wouldn't have a german car given to me! The BX is a much cosier, more homely place to be.

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I do drive a Vw but that free, and there good cars but cant see me putting my own money into a new car ever again.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`ve never been able to afford a new car and even if I could I don`t think I would.
I`d rather get one a few months old and let someone else take the big hit on it.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Likewise bud. New cars depriciate, ALOT!
I know some guys that buy a new car every couple of years, they lose thousands on each car everytime but they just have to keep up with the neighbours..... :roll:

The guys in work have been known to take the pi$$ because I drive an "old" car. But my cars always get me to work, I'm not losing money on the value anymore and they have personality and attitude!

Why would I give that up for a new Ford Fiesta?? :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Chris G

BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

On the finance plan we have for the main car yes we spend X amount every month (well below £150), but we have 3 years warranty and piece of mind. A the end of the 3 years we can chop the car back for a brand new one and never have the hassle of paying huge bills for clutches etc..
I bought allsorts of silly cars for the missus..(Fiat 126, 2cv Renault 9, par example) and they cost us dear as you never knew when that big bill would come in unreliable as they were..Also for the little one I'd rather have 7 airbags and all the latest safety featues.
But for myself nah i'd never drive anything new save for a pug 407 or Citroen C5/C6..
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

To return to the topic, is the car you are now offering an air conditioned, TZD estate?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

tom wrote:To return to the topic, is the car you are now offering an air conditioned, TZD estate?
:?: Have I missed something? That is what the thread title and first post says. :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto