HI from CZ and BXClub.cz

Anything about BXs
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

tom wrote:No intercooler, no turbo. XUD9TTF is definitely a Xantia engine and not a BX (As far as we know).
OF COURSE... Didn't I say it? So I am sorry. TD was made in last year of "production of BX" -93/94... it's and Xantia's engine, put in a few BX like last production.. in years 1993-1994...
Why will be Citroen so stupid and make a new engine for BX, when BX was on the end of production? But this engine is really weak.. good torgue, but no so much horses...
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

We just have no evidence of this. Here we think that the new engine went into the Xantia because the last BXs '93, 94 are all 1.9 non turbo or 1.7 turbo Breaks. Cars stopped being made early but Breaks carried on. We have some home made conversions but not one genuine factory built 1.9 TD. If it did exist it would have to be a Break.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

When I was looking at TZDs for sale a couple of years ago looked at one of those, the owner of was convinced he had a turbo, only lifting my bonnet convinced him, the badging lied :twisted:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

I found that was TZD turbo hatchback/turbo, 66kw/4300 rpm, engine: A 8 A / A J Z (with kat) :-D 8)
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Hi Darja - it's great to see so many BXs together in one picture.

It's interesting you mention the 1.9Turbodiesel engine as I have the French Revue Technique manual for the BX Diesel. It lists plenty of models listed that were never imported to the UK, but no 1.9 Turbodiesel. If it wasn't sold in France....

Revue Technique does have details on a Xantia-type hydraulic pump fitted to late BXs, with one feed for the main hydraulics, and another feed for the power steernig. Ever seen one of these?
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

66KW is the 1769cc XUD7TE engine as we thought so we won't invade CZ and take them from you! Thank you for clearing up the mystery.
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

tom wrote:66KW is the 1769cc XUD7TE engine as we thought so we won't invade CZ and take them from you! Thank you for clearing up the mystery.
I found it on another BX club... That's not from my head. I'll show you TD.. onetime :-) :lol:

DLM I saw Xantia's hydraulic pump on BX... extacly on 16v mkII... And it was working...
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

:D Great picture with the flowing red hair :D
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Thanks for letting me know about he Xantia pump fitting - I'd love to remove the BX flow diverter for ever!
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Darja wrote:Picture of herself hanging out of the top of a BX
Were you going for the "windswept" look? :)

It has to be said, the BX is one of the very few cars that suits being white. Yours looks fabulous. I only wish my own white BX was in such good condition.

Here's one thing I'd be interested to know: Was the BX 19 Digit ever sold in CZ? I've found details of it being sold as the BX Digit in France, Netherlands and Germany, and as an alteration on the 19GT in the UK, but that's all.
this might be a signature
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

I hadn't seen BX digit in CZ, but in SK is one (and in good shape).

Many people say, that white is the most ugly collor... I like on BX... That's the reason, why I call my BX "Snowhite" (and 16 dwarfs :lol: :lol: )

P.S. I was helping my friend to make a movie at BXclub's meeting :-) Play in real player http://www.bxclub.cz/files/video/bx_leto_2005.rm
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

That's very impressive Darja, it could have been directed by Forman himself ! :D
What a great soundtrack !
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

ellevie wrote:That's very impressive Darja, it could have been directed by Forman himself ! :D
What a great soundtrack !
My friend, who owns this beuaty http://diopan.cz/citroenbx/photo/photon ... ier/07.jpg likes to make movies from our meetings :-)
For some people is VW God. They just don't know, that exists bigger and angry God....
Passion, beauté et amour, ça c'est la Citroen
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Darja wrote:
tom wrote:No intercooler, no turbo. XUD9TTF is definitely a Xantia engine and not a BX (As far as we know).

I'm not sure about this engine, it's not all on the pics :? And I never saw it, but I'll ask him about copy of technical card and better pic.
Thats an N/A diesel engine with the later plastic intake casing (with the citroen logo on)

Turbos have more pipes.

And PR-net lists no XUD9TE option....only XUD7TE, XUD7 or XUD9A.

Theres so little between them it probably wasn't worth fitting it, even in the last stages of production. The first car to use the 1.9TD was the ZX/ph2 Pug 405.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Darja wrote:P.S. I was helping my friend to make a movie at BXclub's meeting :-) Play in real player http://www.bxclub.cz/files/video/bx_leto_2005.rm
Nice to see a CX in there too. Are there many of these left in CZ or not?
this might be a signature