GT accident

Anything about BXs
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Mmmm..I seem to of created an email address...with the name b@stard in it....cool!! 8)
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:Mondeo engine is transversely mounted.
I still can't see what difference that makes....an exhaust pipe will not rip an engine off its mountings
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Twas more in ref to Jeremy's post mate, presumably happens at higher speed impacts..?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Kitch wrote:
I still can't see what difference that makes....an exhaust pipe will not rip an engine off its mountings
Just answering a the question Kitch.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:
Kitch wrote:
Just answering a the question Kitch.
Chill out, I just quoted the wrong post :?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

BX Bandit wrote:Mmmm..I seem to of created an email address...with the name b@stard in it....cool!! 8)
Does that mean you're the New Statesman? #-o :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im chilled 8) cant helpbe anything else its so fecking cold.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Useful tip!

Always carry a camera. I used to run around after my first prang with a camera in the glovebox. Well since photography was my passion it made sense :) Now with the digital age I have upgraded my little instamatic Digi camera with a better model.

The older digi sits in the glovebox of my car! Check its batteries once a month and its ideal for one of those moments.........

We carry them in our Fire Trucks and they are cheap enough to buy now and practical for the purpose of just carrying. If you dont have one the other joker may well have.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Well sure enough, they have both filed a claim for whiplash :evil: On the letters I got, it says the other car was being used for employment, service or agency purposes. I have no idea what the solicitors mean by this, but they want me to let them know if I dissagree with that... Ive checked my policy and I do have legal cover if things get out of hand. They have nominated 3 doctors to assess them according to the letters. The guy I work with reckons if they knew how to rip me off properly they would have waited ages, and then complained of ongoing injuries. Im sure its a pile of lies; it wasnt that fast at all. Im just alarmed at the fact that it happened on Sunday, and the claim came through to me on Wednesday.
M

Post by M »

Just pass everything on to your insurane company - dont speak directly to the people involved or their solicitors - let your own insurance solicitors handle everything - thats my own bitter experience of some scamming bustard who tried to rip me off once. I replied to his solicitior stating all future corresondance would be sent directly to my insurer and if their legal department thought I needed to add anything then and only then wouuld I speak to anyone else.
Fortunatly I had a camera phone and took some photos of his car - strangley the damage became much worse between my hitting it and it going to the body shop.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

adamskibx wrote: it says the other car was being used for employment, service or agency purposes.
What they are attempting to do is state that your vehicle was NOT being used for social, domestic, pleasure or commuting purposes. Most people only have this on their policy, and are not covered for business use.

What this means is that they can then state that your insurance was invalid, and sue you in court (rather than claiming against your insurer). Make sure you bring this to the attention of your insurer/solicitor as you could end up being shafted for something that is not true.

Some people just don't deserve oxygen.
this might be a signature
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Anyone know how to check and get info on previous claims by these individuals? :? :-k It's sounding more and more that they are professional scammers and if their track was exposed maybe their current actions and intentions could be exposed. :evil:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Sound like a right pair of tw*ts, record everything and be careful mate, we might need to ready the roll of carpet and No4 coal shovels.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Yeah its all very dodgy. I noticed the date on the letter regarding the passenger was the 6th, yet the drivers was the 5th, so they obviously realised how easy it is to scam me the first time so the passenger did the same. When I read the bit about the type of usage of the car, the context of the letter at that point made me think that they were talking about the other car, not mine. I may be wrong, so ill have to get this double checked. In the almost identical letter regarding the passenger, this bit was not included. They want me to let them know within 21 days whether this was the case. In either case, it was not. Myself and they were driving for SDP purposes. I might get my insurers rolling, and in the mean time try and get a consultation with some solicitors.

Im not too worried about the car now. I just want to get all this whiplash rubbish sorted. Ive worked out I can probably fix the car- pics coming soon :)
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Stewart, strangely enough I was having exactly that thought as I was scrolling down the posts just now. :twisted:

Best of luck Adam, this doesn't sound nice at all

!=!!

[-o<

<napalmstrike>

KABOOM!

</napalmstrike>

*whistles*

Mark.