Silver and Gold down 'ampshire way, me hearties

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

I have to apologise for bringing on DLM's unnatural urges but he's wrong about the colour. Dolmen grey is a dark colour (The same as my first BX)
so I know this much is true,but then the CX is supposed to be "Sphinx beige" which is a non metallic and I reckon it is probably Beige Opale which is a CX metallic colour. More a sort of Golden Brown really despite the lack of a choke!

DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Lots of BXs. Lots of time ago.....

Post by DLM »

Tom - I've got access to a rather useful colour guide book which will have paint matches for all painted parts of your CX. Dolmen Grey does seem to to match the paint code though - take a look at the link earlier.
Relying on two wheels and musclepower since the last BX (or any car) had to go.

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

tom wrote: "Sphinx beige"
I read that quickley and it came out totally different!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...

djoptix
BXpert
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

CX window blind!

Old skool.

AlanS
BXpert
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

tom wrote:I have to apologise for bringing on DLM's unnatural urges but he's wrong about the colour. Dolmen grey is a dark colour (The same as my first BX)
so I know this much is true,but then the CX is supposed to be "Sphinx beige" which is a non metallic and I reckon it is probably Beige Opale which is a CX metallic colour. More a sort of Golden Brown really despite the lack of a choke!
Believe it or not Tom, but if you look really hard on the inner guard which includes moving things around a bit, you'll prossible find the paint code.
I eventually found it on my 1979 C-matic so every chance it will be on yours as it's a later model. IIRC, mine was secreted on the tower for the front suspension cylinder.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.

tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

I havent managed to look for the paint code yet' cos the car is some way away but I shall of course. Re the Gradulux blind, Yes, I covet that but I'd rather spend the money on getting the brute up to scratch first which could yet be expensive if I have to get an engine out and swap/rebuild a box, not to mention all the other little trifles...