J reg TZD hurricane

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Hurricanes a rare now as well which has got to be reflected in the value & as it is basically a TZD special edition it will be worth more than the TZD which are still readily available.

IMHO £400 for a pretty well sorted Hurricane is not unrealistic
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

I can see both sides of it. To the right person its a limited edition bx in nice enough order want to keep it going with DIY maintenance. To Joe Bloggs its a decade and a half year old banger thats been to the moon and back. Asking £400 on here is not unreasonable as you're asking in the right place. On the bay I'd go for a £250 starting bid and see where it gets. On auto trader you'd be lucky to get £250 after haggling. Unfortunately for me I've got 3 here already (including the scrapper) so I really don't have the space unless it gets stupid cheap (same reason I look at every ad - just in case!), especially as its so far away. I bought my current TZD with 185k on it 6 weeks ago for £150 needing bits and pieces, but pretty sound overall and no rust. Vaguely on topic I suppose...sorry if i'm just invading :).

Matt.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

£400 quid for a BX td with nearly 200,000 miles on the clock does seem a little bit steep, but.

It's not an ordinary BX td is it, it's a hurricane, and is now very rare. The wheels also look in good condition. So how much would a decent set of alloys be worth with Michelin tyres on?

I'd really like this one of these, I've bid on enough on ebay and at the motor auctions but never managed to get one. I'd certainly be interested but I'd have to sell my TXD estate to make room for it. :?
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

It might be rare, but its only rare to us nutters, the rest of the world will just see an old banger & probably wouldnt want it with that sort of mileage even if it was free. I tend to agree with Pilsy in this respect.

This isnt a criticism as it does look nice, just personally think that the price is a bit high comparing it to other cars that have been about, but if someone wants to pay £400 who am i to say you paid too much.

I did afterall pay £310 for my Gti which had a list of problems the length of both my arms, at the time i thought i had a bargain, but after 18mths ownership i realised i had paid well over the odds. Its now very good after i had spent the money on the old gal.

I'm sure you will be able to offload your TXD Estate without too much bother Ken, go for the Hurricane, you only live once :P
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If its mechanically good, its worth £400 all day long.

If its been driven into the floor for 200k miles, then its not. But it doesn't look that way from here.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Kitch wrote:If its mechanically good, its worth £400 all day long.

If its been driven into the floor for 200k miles, then its not. But it doesn't look that way from here.
I like it, and agree with Kitch. I just can't persuade SWMBO that she wants a BX though...
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
ianselva
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ianselva »

I don't deny its been driven fairly hard , but it goes so well that on all these long trips on motorway or autoroute that I end up running on a very small throttle. At least its never had the governor or injection unit altered so it can't over rev. Perhaps if I don't get any interest ,I'll put the motor in my C15 camper and the campers 1.7 in the TZD and sell it cheap.
BX owner since 1986
M

Post by M »

ken newbold wrote: I'd have to sell my TXD estate to make room for it. :?
Well let me know if that becomes the case please Mr. Newbold..... :wink:
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Everything has it's price :wink:

Except the XM [-X
ianselva
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ianselva »

TOO LATE !
Sold for £450.
BX owner since 1986