Digit For Free. *Thread resurrected again. Page 7 this time

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Do u need a rubber rear spoiler for it David?
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Yes, I do. But I also need the correct tailgate that has the dimples to accept a rubber lip spoiler too!

If you've got a rubber-lip spoiler, I'd be very interested.
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I gave a complete spoiler to owen smith (owens) last year free of charge to put on his now defunct 14TGE, as hes not giong to use it and I suspect still has it its worth asking him.

Drop him a pm.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Now I do believe that dad has a brand new rubber whale tail spoiler in stock?! :wink:

I'm sure it could find it's way onto the DIGIT.

I think it's easy enough to fit to a hatch without the dimples, you just need to be imaginative with a drill!

So.........weekend of beer / cars / beer / bit more cars / more beer.....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

how this thread has grown since I last looked! And pictures! It has a sort of Knight Rider feeling to it. Same era I suppose. If you do bring it to the National David, maybe develop an 80s David Hasselhof curly perm to go with it for period completeness.. now you're in your retirement! 8)

How did you come by this car in the first place?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

.... with some duran duran playing on its cassette deck? :mrgreen:

How I came by it was quite a bizzare event.

I think it was Jonkw who mentioned on the GSF forum that there was a Digit available in the london area (I can't seem to search for posts in 1995 on frenchcarforum for some reason) and was anyone interested. After a bit of umming and ahhhhing, I called the bloke who had it. He initially wanted £200 for it, but given that it had no rent or ticket, I said I couldn't afford that. He asked if I was going to keep it or break it. "keep it, and do what I can with it." "Ok then, come and get it... it's yours"

Brilliant. Hired a trailer (that awful green one, and buggered off up to london to collect it. Unbeknownst to me at that time, the sellers son (the seller being in his 60's) had arranged for a scrap man to come and take it away.

I get up there, meet the seller... nice old chap. He'd had the car for 10 years, and was sad to be getting rid of it. Hlafway through paperwork and a cuppa, sellers son turns up and starts getting shirty "I hope your paying £200 for that." "err, no actually." Cue an amount of abuse about taking advantage of his father and the car being easily worth £200 for "the engine and box" and "nice trailer... would be a shame for you to go back with it empty." Suddenly, sellers wife appears, shouts at her son for being a twat, and he's led away.

we finish paperwork, and I load up the car. Strap it down, and am just about to go, when a scrap man's wagon turns up. He looks at the BX and says "ah.. that's the car I'm here for," and starts to move bits of crap around on his lorry to make space for it. At this point, arsey son appears again, and starts being a bit rude again... taking advantage of his father and all that. Scrap man comes over to me, and askes what's going on about the BX. I point him in the direction of arsey son, and make good my escape, as fast as a 405 1.8TD towing a trailer and BX can go!

Literally from the jaws of the scrappie. Half an hour later and it would have been gone.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

As if he would have got £200 for it scrap! Stupid people!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Fantastic collection story David. There are some absolute twats on this World. I can picture the sort.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Yeah, amazing story! Another good reason for preserving it..

Here's The 'Hof 8) or David about to get into The Digit!

http://www.davidhasselhoffonline.com/Poster117.jpg

and a bit of a funny story about the car - KITT ( no comment!) :) :

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005091736
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Rubber!

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hello David Yes I have a brand new one, complete with fitting instructions. I was going to auction it but if no one would mind then I would be more than willing to donate it to the Digit.
Please let me know if you would like it.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Absolutely. That's most kind.

The baby-walker can be binned.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

David....
Congrats on keeping the Digit! And also, for the size of your balls in quiting your job...if it affected you in the way you mentioned...why bother! I truly hope you can enjoy more sociable hours and 'play' with the chevron you call DIGIT! :lol: Good luck mate. I have a boot/hatch lid which at one point had a rubber 'whale tale' spoiler on the back, but if you want it to re-spray (currently ven-red) or even just to use as a pattern for the bolt holes of the whale tale then you are more than welcome to have FOC. Let me know if it is of any use to you - it is soon destined for the tip unless anyone else wants it..
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Actually, I lied, it's not FOC cos I would like to have a sit in said DIGIT as payment...if thats ok like?? :wink:
1990 BX TGD White
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

You'll be in the passneger seat mate! I want to be in the pilots seat getting moist looking at the dash!

:lol: :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Well you can get moist while I sit on yer lap mate cos I want a good oggle too!!!
1990 BX TGD White