1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

9 points, is your TZD nitrous'd :D
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

pilsy wrote:A lot of your premium is based on local claims as well
James May wrote:I live in an area of London that's generally on fire
I live in Brighton's very own Brixton, and pay my insurance company for the privilege.

Screw the poor - they're the only ones who don't complain :(
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I live in Brighton's very own Brixton, and pay my insurance company for the privilege.
Careful of that comparison :shock: I lived in Brixton on the outskirts of Plymouth, Devon :lol: Quite village really :D

Just to add to the global things with names a funny thing is that on the outskirts of New Plymouth in New Zealand is yet another Brixton :?

But then I know what you mean as I was originally from Hackney, London 8)

Back to topic about insurance, its a funny thing out here that if you live in Auckland your insurance is high live outside and its lower and go to the south Island well its dirt cheap.
A few years ago they introduced what they call Free be max on the policies which basically is a protected full no claims discount. Interesting is no matter how many times you claim the discount stays at max? I guess they put it on your premium or refuse insurance if you claim to much?
Ironically its not illegal to drive out here without insurance :shock:

Back to handbrakes! One of the things I like most about the BX is its ability to pull up hard 8) Only snag is I just wonder how good the rear crumple zone is when a twot tailgating has not got such good brakes :roll:
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Mulley - first 3 points were about 3 - 4 years ago in a BX GTI. Went into work @ 7am (worked for Alfred McAlpine at the time). Came out for lunch at midday, drove to the shop as usual. On the way spotted a speed camera van for the first time ever just down the road. Got a bit further down and spotted some nice new shiny 30mph signs. What had been a 40mph zone when I'd driven in to work was now a 30. Got clocked doing 35 and got 3 points. Appealed it in court and lost (apparently it says you must be psychic in the highway code somewhere as I was supposed to "make myself aware of the legalaties of any road I choose to travel on").
Next 6 points was pure bullshit....my insurance payment bounced after christmas '05 due to the bank taking ages to do internet transfers over the christmas period. Due to mail being slow I didn't find out until 7th jan that itd happened, and then got 4 letters all at once saying "pay us", "pay us now", "fuck you give us the full premium" and "piss off were not insuring you anymore". On the 6th Jan I had had my first ever accident (spun off the road avoiding a death wish chav who walked out infront of me and went through a fence, clipped a house and ended up resting against a tree). Obviously the insurance company refused the claim, refused to let me pay the premium or re-open the policy. At least I kept my no claims.... Cost me 6 points, £1800 in damages and £750 fine. Nearly got banned (thats what the prosecution was pushing for), and because of being told to ask for a duty solicito, and then getting to court and being told they don't supply them for motoring offence,s I didn't even have representation. Took some full on arguing to sort that out... I could go on about this for ever so I'll stop now. Needless to say all 9 points are still a sore point.

Matt.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I used to have 13, but now I have three thanks to the dropping off rule :D

Although my insurance company still think its 13, because they ask for the last 5 years :roll:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Blimey Matt, thats what i call bad luck, ive got my fingers crossed that nowt like that happens to me. I'm not surprised you are :evil: