Towing a BX with BX

Anything about BXs
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Wow good collection story. Stewart thats amazing about towing a Shogun! When I collected the GT my dad towed me home using his Shogun, and I could hear the autobox go into kick-down just to get me up some of the hills on the way back, so if a Shogun struggles to tow a BX, then a TD BX is obviously a very good towing engine!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

stuart_hedges wrote:Psst! It's a Citroen.
Hate to be pedantic (ok, actually I dont, but ya know), but it's

Citroën

just for completeness....¬! :lol: :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

You can find the ë in the Character map in Windows. Just hit start, run, type "charmap" and hit enter.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

adamskibx wrote:You can find the ë in the Character map in Windows. Just hit start, run, type "charmap" and hit enter.

Something new I just learn 8)
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Another towing epic tale was when I was bringing a donated GTI back home, towing with a rope behind my GTI/TD, I pulled away across a roundabout, gently as I thought, next thing there was coolant all over the road, I had pulled the front crossmember off, :oops: complete with bumper and the bottom of the rad, there were spotlamps and mud all over the road!, inspection revealed that the spot welds had all failed, the crossmember was solid enough, so that car turned in an instant from a project to a parts car, I now tow using a solid bar or a piece of climbing rope which has a bit of give in it (I was using a lump of Kevlar rope which is unbelievably tough)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

What a lovely View on the way to pick up the Donor car. See the kind of terrain between me and that volcanoe the base of which was my destination :wink:

Hmmm dont think this car was so lucky :shock: Spotted this wreak about 100m down a bank on one of the saddles we went over, they obviously took a wrong turn :?
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Now if that was in the UK you'd know it had been stolen and 'disposed of'
BXOurane

Post by BXOurane »

It works quite well to tow a BX with another BX.

I have done it several times already with my TurboD and I have to say: Nothing to complain about! Although the trailer is a bit of "overweight" for the BX (600kgs for the trailer + about 1000kgs for the BX upon it) thats about 400kgs more than allowed for a BX ;-)

Yes i know that this is not really "allowed" and according to my job I shouldnt even say that I ve done it already ;-)

>>Frederic
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Be interesting to see what happened over a 300metre climb in a very short distance.
My mate told me even in the recovery truck loaded he watches nervously as the Temp Gauge climbs like the gradiant and has often been to cars on those two nasty hills.
The advice to me was its ok with a trip to town but where i was going it was suicide for the car.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I like that bronzey colour!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Thats a weird colour, cant decide whether it looks quite retro, or its just metalic turd :D