Brothers & Sisters my faith is being sorely tested!!

Anything about BXs
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

jonkw wrote:Thats not that old red TXD estate that we put an engine and gearbox in that time in the pouring rain? The one with the really bent front X member?
Hehe, no Jon it's not that one with the bent member :lol:, I gave up on that some time ago ... even managed to flog it 8) Still have nightmares about that day in the rain :wink:

This style icon has a good no rust minimal damage image and to be fair it's faults have sort of crept up on me and been ignored/not noticed until it became almost undriveable.

I know a reclusive chap who drives a BX 1.9 diesel and I have helped him keep it going by donating various bits and pieces over the last couple of years. Anyway he also has an old TD estate on his drive which blew a gasket about 5 years ago which I may be able to salvage some bits off of. Hopefully some of it will be okay, pipes, exhaust etc? Obviously the rad will be a write off!

You will note I am now in Marshfield, a bit closer to you and Mikesg
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Bloody hell, theres engines coming from all directions!

Being an estate, we could put an engine at either end!!

Exhaust is easy, it's only the back box which is different, and I have one in stock!

Sounds like theres enough bits around (like, everywhere!!!) to formulate a plan here chaps!

However, I'm too old to work in the rain! My labour is cheap (1x beer every two hours :lol: ) , and I take my coffee the way I like my wimmin....black and bitter! :wink: :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Indeed things are looking up, even ordered a teeshirt in anticipation of joining a convoy to the National in July 8)

Gazebo ............. check
Coffee ............ check
Ale ............ check

Now only need to tour England to round up the bits magnanimously offered, dig around for some more, purchase appropriate clutch kit and rad, pray for good weather and things are set to happen :D
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Splendid! Who's engine are going for Ed?

I'm tied up for the next three weekends, but maybe able to find some time for a trip to Billy's after that?

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Well I have taken my BX TXD off the road due to frustration of multiple probs which have come crawling out of the woodwork!!
That's your problem Ed, you shouldn't have wood in a BX!! :lol:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ed, if needed I have a brand new octopus here which you can have for what it cost me mate (circa £28.00 iirc).
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

BX Bandit wrote:
That's your problem Ed, you shouldn't have wood in a BX!! :lol:
Never leave home without wood, you never know when you may need it ... even in a BX :lol:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I have trouble getting wood these days! :lol: :wink: :roll: :oops: :lol:

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

docchevron1472 wrote:Being an estate, we could put an engine at either end!!
Now there's an idea...plenty of room for a D12 lump in the back!:wink:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

cavmad wrote:Ed, if needed I have a brand new octopus here which you can have for what it cost me mate (circa £28.00 iirc).
Much obliged Billy (is that short for billygoatkeeper?:lol:)but according to the history ye olde bagpipes were replaced not that long ago!

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

ed4ferrets wrote: (is that short for billygoatkeeper?:lol:)
Nah, I think it's just cos thats Billy's name! :lol: :lol: :lol: