My TXD Estate for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Here comes the science bit:

XM=Great car, it's got big hairy b*llocks.
Xantia=Spawned from beelzebub's own bile, wears a frilly dress and makes Graham Norton look like Rambo. It's a crap horrid car, and it always will be :wink:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Xantia=Spawned from beelzebub's own bile, wears a frilly dress and makes Graham Norton look like Rambo. It's a crap horrid car, and it always will be
I see you're mellowing a bit towards the Xantia these days Doc! :wink: :lol: :wink: :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

docchevron1472 wrote:Here comes the science bit:

Xantia=Spawned from beelzebub's own bile, wears a frilly dress and makes Graham Norton look like Rambo. It's a crap horrid car, and it always will be :wink:
I think you need to go see the happy doctor again Christof!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

offtop:c but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair play, that's priceless :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote: I think you need to go see the happy doctor again Christof!
He ceased making me hapy mate, so I killed him!

Sorry to go offtop:c Ken, but that "X" word was mentioned and I just see red!

Still they keep mr in profit since they break all the time! :wink:

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Whilst in BG recently, there was a bog standard green X parked outside the apartment. Bog standard apart from one thing. A huge towing eye welded on and sticking out from under the front bumper :lol:
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol:
Says it all really!

So anyway, BX's, great cars! Glad yours found a good home, oh and:

Welcome Terry!

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Citroen BX. Because you're worth it.

</crap advert parody>
this might be a signature
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Well,thanks for that fantastic welcome.

Its good to be back and most of the bad stuff behind me.

Phillip's TXD is smashing, a lovely runner. Curious thing, I guess most of you will understand straight away-having owned 5 BX's, and with a five year break it is like coming to something very familiar in an unfamiliar world. Fits like a glove...reminds me of the sunny days of my first one, a 16v, racing up the A1 north of Ripon, Simon & Garfunkel broadcast to the world and couldn't give a toss about anything. Nostaligia is everything it used to be.

GRX has done over 400 miles since collecting her, and a quick calculation, Phillip's 44 mpg was a little low. Will report back when I have a more accurate figure.

Among the thing thatreally impresses me about GRX is the simplicity of the mechanics-no '19 onboard computers' as they said about the C5!. I think Kathryn and I hold the record for more computer re-boots in that car than anyone else. Nothing but trouble. And the parts that had to be replaced in the 21 months we owned it...including a whole new back axle, suspension etc, most the the hydraulic pump work etc in the front end, sensors, the list goes on. Friday car? Not many.

GRX is simple, straightforward engineering that works, and can be repaired, something the C5 can't so easily boast.

Ah! Xantias. I guess I'm fairly indifferent to an indifferent car. Citroen seemed to have rested on their laurels after the BX. My Xantia is about to be put on the Bay for spares repair. Bl**dy good engine, the 1905TD, but thereafter, nothing really works as it should.

A mate who lives 100 yards from me in the village has a garage in Bungay. It's an old fashioned place, like stepping back into the thirties. He does the work on my motors. He's seen GRX, knows the model and said I wont be seeing much of that one! Nice.

Well, it's been a long day. I'm off to run the four dogs and then to bed. Tomorrow I take her out again, and just maybe I'll let Kathryn have a drive!!!

Will be on again tomorrow, and thanks again for it all.

Terry