Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

docchevron1472 wrote:I'd love a C25 van, but I'd stuff a CX 2.5GTi Turbo engine in it with a DTR box. Wouldn't care about the fuel consumption, but it really would be the fastest van in the west!! :D
And I'd love to see you build such a van, and claim to know the man with the fastest van in the west :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 wrote:I'd love a C25 van,
On the bay of the flea, without rent or ticket, they go for peanuts. It's a very easy vehicle to work on too, as there's plenty of space for everything. Even I can work underneath it without even jacking it up.

What amazes me is that even with full rent and ticket, the basic panel van will always be worth less than a grand, probably nearer £500. Find a similar-age and similar-condition camper van, and it's worth nearly ten times that.

It's a bit of a long shot, but if anyone ever hears about a drivers load protector (the metal ladder framework that goes vertically behind the driver's seat) for a LHD vehicle (and hence will go behind the passenger seat on a RHD vehicle) I'd quite like one.

Probably be easier just to make one though....
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote:And I'd love to see you build such a van, and claim to know the man with the fastest van in the west :lol:
:lol: :lol: Watch this space lad :wink:

I'll keep an eye out for a ladder for you David, theres a few C25's in scrappers not a million miles from here...

I guess I should start looking at E-ghey again, I try and avoid the place these days, it's an expensive hobby.... :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Fiat Ducato, also.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

ken newbold wrote:Fiat Ducato, also.
Similar, but not identical I'm afraid.

The Peugeot J5 series of vans was indeed a badge-engineered group of vehicles, with the J5, the C25 and the Talbot Express being all-but identical (the differences are cosmetic, and nothing more than grilles/badges etc.) The Fiat Ducato has the same bodyshell, but uses Fiat's own engines. Consequently the engine/gearbox mounting points are different in a Ducato shell. As are hubs (due to fiat's own driveshafts) and I think there's a difference in the brakeing system too.

Because of these differences, the Ducato model lost out on the possibility of 4x4, which was available on SWB J5's for a period.
this might be a signature
Doz
BXpert

Post by Doz »

Way2go wrote:
DavidRutherford wrote:Plus, it (astoundingly) does over 30mpg if you're a bit careful.
:shock: Better than a BX19 Petrol then? :wink: 8)
Better than a 16 if you're in a hurry :shock: :shock:
Doz

2007 Citroen C1 (it's not a real Citroen)(With a complete set of wheel trims)
2006 C4 1.6VTR+ (Alloys no wheel trims)
1982 Mini HL (No wheel trims, no wheels)
1993 Kawasaki GPZ500