Today

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

more the fact that Marty got within 20 minutes of my house (liverpool one) and didnt say hello! probably could have hacked a trip to Ikea as well, could have got me some hinges!

hell i could have got there in 15 minutes if i had a car that could travel enthusiastically!
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Actually I can recommend Ikea on a Saurday night - its dead
This sums up my personal attitude to shopping - to misquote Jean-Paul Sartre "Hell is other shoppers".

The new Cardiff IKEA made plans to lay off staff recently BECAUSE IT WASN'T BUSY ENOUGH - that's got to be a first......
M

Post by M »

£398 ( :shock: ) Will buy you this 41K miler 1.4 TGE
Leyland Preston.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

I do like that black painted small spoiler 8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Mr B wrote:I do like that black painted small spoiler 8)
Isn`t that standard on BX`s? I have one that looks like that on my diesel but it just seems to be part of the boot which has been painted black. My next problem is to fit the spoiler I bought off Vanny on top of this as shown in the picture above.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I'm pretty sure that if you spec'd (from new) a GTI spoiler onto a lower spec BX you STILL got the small lip spoiler too.
Over and out from me
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Mine has the lip and hoop spoiler, all painted red

Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

The red one looks like a 'TX' spec car either TXD or TXI.

These had the GTI spoiler standard along with the black with red pin-striped interior

The TX spec cars, the Meteor (along with french spec Image) and Athena (along with the french spec Milliseme) had the rear spoiler standard but still with the little lip spoiler painted in the body colour.

It appears that the lip spoiler would only be black if the spoiler was a manufacturer or dealer fit option.

Bloody hell i'm getting sad.... :D
Over and out from me
M

Post by M »

Upon my trip to Fleetwood today I spied the rather nice St. Tropez H plate and a F plate TGS estate.

I also spied a very old 1800 Blandcrab and a C plate nappy splat brown BLMC 1300 - I only mention these as they are
a) a rare site
b) Hydrolastc-ly sprung
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Ian_Fearn wrote:The red one looks like a 'TX' spec car either TXD or TXI.

These had the GTI spoiler standard along with the black with red pin-striped interior

The TX spec cars, the Meteor (along with french spec Image) and Athena (along with the french spec Milliseme) had the rear spoiler standard but still with the little lip spoiler painted in the body colour.

It appears that the lip spoiler would only be black if the spoiler was a manufacturer or dealer fit option.

Bloody hell i'm getting sad.... :D
10/10 Ian, it is indeed a TXD with red pinstripe interior. You got it BAD.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Marty wrote:Upon my trip to Fleetwood today I spied the rather nice St. Tropez H plate and a F plate TGS estate.

I also spied a very old 1800 Blandcrab and a C plate nappy splat brown BLMC 1300 - I only mention these as they are
a) a rare site
b) Hydrolastc-ly sprung
Both cars I have a real fondness for. My dad had a couple of Leyland`s finest as company cars during the early to late seventies including an Austin 3 litre (very rare site now), two or three Austin Maxis and a P6 Rover.
I don`t know what it is about the ADO16 (Leyland`s model number for Austin/Morris/Wolsely/Riley/MG/Vanden Plas 1100/1300) cars but I love them.
I had a couple of Morris Marinas amongst other BL cars myself but they were truly dreadful i.m.h.o.
Oh for an early Morris 1100 or an Austin 1300GT.