BX 16 TXS near Taunton Somerset; Interested?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Guys, wonder if I can get it ready for the National :shock:

Im speaking to Mr Womble on friday about it and will keep you all posted.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Anyone local to Mr Womble who could go and have a look at it and try and fire it up? Fingers crossed maybe a new battery and some plugs etc and it'll be ok. If you get the chance (or someone else does) I'd be tempted to change the oil and filter before you left too.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Mr Wombles going to try and get it running this weekend I think, I would have to drive it back home before I could do much to it. I have a set of new plugs and leads for the TGS which I will hold back on fitting for now incase I need to swop them.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good thinking. I only mentioned the oil because if it's been lying round unused a few years then there could be condensation in there or something.
I'll pm you shortly Tim, might have something that could help a little.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cheers billy.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Spoken to tony (Mr Womble) and a proper decent bloke he is too, am travelling down to Taunton early Monday morning to take a look and see if i can get it in a fit state to drive it home.

Will keep you updated. Wish me luck. :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good luck!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks guys, if its driveable I will bring it home wednesday, That still leave 4 days for the national! :D
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You can do it :P :D
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well I have my AA card at the ready so at least I can get it home, what the ruling regarding untaxed cars with them, whe they have erscused me before they have never checked, the car will be on trade plates and insured if I drive it anywhere
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Best way to find out is to give the AA a call.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hmm dont want to draw undue attention to it, the day of collection (all being well) I will have it booked it in for a MOT, it will be comprehensively insured and on trade plates so I cant see there being a problem. :shock:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

As it's untaxed the AA supposedly won't touch it but then again they might not realise. I'd certainly give it a clean before you go and remove any moss etc, that'll just make it obvious it's been stood. For heaven's sake though go easy on those tyres or (if possible) take some spares. How are you going to get down there by the way?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The tyres are scrap so im taking 4 steels down with me im borrowing on sunday, all being well im driving down Monday am to view it, change the wheels over and try and get it roadoworthy, if thats ok I will then go down again thursday to collect it where I can mix a day out with my mum and her fella with collecting the car. :D

Unless anyone offering that is! lol
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds like a very good plan to me, though if you're going first to change wheels etc I'd spend another few minutes doing the oil and filter too. Fresh petrol and a right good hammering on the way home should help with emissions for MOT as well.
Vauxhall apologist.