BX 16 TXS near Taunton Somerset; Interested?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Fresh petrols not a problem billy but I can only top the oil up for now as I dont have the facilities down there as its at the sadly deceased last owners house which I understand is unoccupied. Im more worried about it having any hydraulics, I will take a couple of litres of green blood, some new sparkers and lots of WD40! :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good thinking Tim. Worth taking any spare bits of LHM piping with you? I appreciate you don't want to carry a lifetime's supply of spare parts with you though.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im taking ALOT of stuff with me monday. 4 wheels for a start!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Right, good news, the cars a runner, im collecting it monday afternoon with my folks and making a day of it, its booked in for a MOT and I set the insurance up today, will give you a rundown Monday eves when I know what what.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Excellent news Tim, look forward to hearing all about it.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The PLAN is to have it roadowrthy by the National! :D
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

tim leech wrote:The PLAN is to have it roadowrthy by the National! :D
Good luck Tim,I think you may need it,or maybe not seeing as it's a runner.
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well I have the week off so who knows!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Amazingly after a 8 year lay up the car managed the 190 mile trip home without any problems whatsoever. It seems the previous owner had the car serviced 300 miles before it was last used (that was 1994!) which may of helped. The last tax disc expired at the end of 1999.

I checked all the levels (all fine and clean) and exchanged the 4 thoroughly perished flat and holed factory original 155 MXL tyres for 4 good wheels and stuck £20 worth of unleaded in, washed the 8 years of dust and cobwebs off and off we went, as its started up on the first turn of the key on the newly charged yet very old battery.

The cars a beauty and 100% original and complete even down to the welcome to your new BX cassette in the glovebox :D, the first owner was Dial Contracts who specified it with factory front fog lamps, and had it for 14 months and added 19000 miles, so yes the next owners only added 4000 miles in 6 years!. The body is totally rust free and aside the odd chip and mark you would get on any used car its fantastic, with just one cigarette burn on one of the rear seats letting down the immaculate interior.

Mechanically everything seems perfect, everything works and the suspension even on its original spheres is silky smooth as is the autobox, the original owners pack complete with service receipts and unused citroen assist stickers came with the car but unfortunatly theres no radio code card so I cant recode the blaupunkt stereo although I have the instruction book and radio keys. (anyone know how to get it?)

Now the fun starts getting it ready for the national, asides a good valet the body and interior need no work at all, I will of course change the fluids and filters and try and get the cambelt done before sunday, then its down to the MOT on thursday dependent of it makes it or not.

Im not taking any pictures as yet but will do at the national if I make it!

Lastly a Big thanks to Mr Womble (Tony) for his genoristy and to my folks who drove me the 380 miles (on my mums birthday aswell bless her :D ) to fetch it!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Things keep getting better, Mr Womble has furnished me with the radio code :D Listened to the "You and your bx" casette to test it out. :wink:
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Nice one Tim :D

Of course you're barking :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

Another example saved. And a good'un too by the sound of it!

See you on the 15th. 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Hooray!! I like the sound of this one 8)

Another one to add to the fast growing BX16 collective.

Mark.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

So, Tim is the white mega-miler 16 coming to the National too? If so who's piloting it?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

All being well Tim's asked me to pilot the mego low mileage TXS on sunday.
2007 Sportka