16V For Sale.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ian_Fearn wrote:
cavmad wrote:
tim leech wrote:Do I detect someone's bought a VW and not told us here? :cry:
Yes, i've bought another VW, a 1990 Caddy 1.6D Pickup truck with a demountable camper body on the back. Its damn ugly but we like it :D

Tim, the star that he is has saved me a handsome amount of cash on some new wheels for it.

Now that I have got to see, pictures please!
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

cavmad wrote:
Ian_Fearn wrote:
cavmad wrote:
Yes, i've bought another VW, a 1990 Caddy 1.6D Pickup truck with a demountable camper body on the back. Its damn ugly but we like it :D

Tim, the star that he is has saved me a handsome amount of cash on some new wheels for it.

Now that I have got to see, pictures please!
Sort yourself out and come to the CCC Midland Section rally at Stratford and you'll see its uglyness with your own eyes! I saw it for sale on my way home from work and it just shouted "BUY ME"

Needless to say i've spent rather a lot on it already :o
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Square yes, ugly no.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I might just have to do that Ian. I do recall seeing some demounts a few years back but not a Caddy. I'd hazard a guess that that is pretty rare now?
I bet it is ugly though like you say!
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

ebay seller wrote:Selling for my father as he has retired and feels it is now too fast for him.
I've never understood this.

The red diesel auto was too slow for me but there was nothing I could do about that.

If I had a car that was too fast, though, I could always just... drive it more slowly. No?

The only car I've ever driven that properly scared me was a Kia Pride. It wasn't particularly fast, but it had a LOT more power than handling.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I can kinda see his point.
If you've got a fast car, it's very tempting to drive it fast.

Speed is addictive...

And valvers just sound sooooo good when you're driving it like a sadist..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

Agreed. That's why I always got into trouble with speeding when riding motorbikes because I just couldn't go slowly on them. It's almost like the little devil is on your shoulder forcing you to go faster.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote:It's almost like the little devil is on your shoulder forcing you to go faster.
In my case the little devil is holding a .357 Magnum and pointing it at my head, but yeah....
Wel me lud, it's like this, Satan made me do it!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...