GT Going on Ebay in 4 days

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Adam......PM replied to! :wink:

That's what I was thinking too, Tim! :wink:

Now I've got Monica sorted as my daily driver, I have a bit of spare time to lavish on making the GT better than she is already! This is a car which deserves to not only be looked after, but also USED! It would be great to have the TD for work commuting, and a lovely old Mk1 GT for weekend "trips out" and for the obligatory Sunday morning "wash 'n polish" session! :D

My only worry is not having a garage, but at least the GT would have the drivespace, as Monica lives on the road outside. It's too much bother to mess about with the driveway gates for everyday use!!

Obviously, I would guarantee Adam first refusal on getting her back, should my circumstances change and I need to part company.

I intend to iron out the details regarding collection, etc. with Adam over the next few days. Hopefully I can bring her North before the end of the month!
(I had thought about Stratford weekend as a good time to collect, but may have a problem with getting away with a "fake MOT" booking if driving via Stratford!!)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

A good wuality car cover and plenty of waxoil will keep the rust at bay Dave, leather it off before you store it and dont drive it in bad weather, that way it should be here for another 20 years!
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

tim leech wrote:A good wuality car cover and plenty of waxoil will keep the rust at bay Dave, leather it off before you store it and dont drive it in bad weather, that way it should be here for another 20 years!
That's my intention Tim! :D
Also a good layer of wax 'n polish / sealant helps keep the elements at bay! Once it's MOT'd and its little ailments sorted, all attention can be focussed on the long-term preservation! (Except for when I just want to take her out for a blast! :wink: )

I am actually becoming excited at the prospect! Moistness will be setting in soon! :shock:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Dave, hope you can save this car.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Any engine is saveable.
If it's only an oil leak, then it shouldn't be hard or expensive to sort.

I'm hoping to make Liverpool this weekend now, as circumstances have altered for me slightly, so Stuart, I'll be able to make the following weekend, IF vanny is around this weekend. Sorry, it's all a bit complicated!

As for Snoopy, I have no doubt the car can be saved. It may take a donor car for panels, and it may take some time, but I've pulled out some VERY bent cars before. My TD being one, and my mates CX being another (and that hit a Merc E class head on at speed).
I'll get in touch when I know what Vanny's plans are and have a butchers. Sorry I cant be more precise at the mo, I really need to clone myself! :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

No probs Doc, and thanks for your cheerfulness and optimism!

I'm away a fair amount at the moment but I'll be about next weekend (ie 18/19 Aug) so if you're free then that would be a good time. PM/email me when you've got more of an idea of where you're at!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Right, I'll be going to Liverpool that weekend, however, on the saturday I'm doing Dumbtime's doseur, SOOO, I could come over to yours after I've done the doseur, then head ooop narth where Vanny can put me on a beer drip!

Either that Or I could stop by on the way home, which could kill a few birds in with one stone, since I've got a window to deliver and some other bits for various peeps in various parts of the country!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Adam - Hi

Is this the car with the ally sump on it that I wanted last year? If so I have a spare sump now so I can come over and swap it over before it goes north.

Good luck with the CX. You are a brave man.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hi Jaba. Yeah it is that one. Im not sure what happed to the steel one, even now. Very kind of you to offer to come over by the way. Its mountainman who want to try fitting a spare sump because I think theres a very small possibility that I over torqued the alloy one on the car. Im not positive the leak is the sump though, but its worth trying. I think Dave's coming down at the bank hol weekend at the end of the month to collect. Im sure he has a spare or will make it home as it is, so dont go too far out of your way to bring a sump, only if your passing sort of thing..

Regards, Adam