Passenger Door Central Locking

BX Tech talk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

AndersDK wrote:All controls are parallelled. Period.

There is a control input for close, which can originate from either left doorlock, right doorlock or remote receiver.
You could add as amny secret control switches to make a close control input - parallelled to the existing ones.

There is a control input for open, which can originate from either left doorlock, right doorlock or remote receiver.
You could add as many secret control switches to make an open control input - parallelled to the existing ones.

If you think you can achieve open and close controls by paralling these 2 opposite controls together - then you have really missed the point.

The operation is by brief ground connection - with pull-up resistors on the control inputs of the control unit.
Diagrams or schematics in Haynes are "typical" given for a certain model. Not to be taken as for all models all years.

I'm really sorry that I have a LHD BX which is non-UK compatible according to the given Haynes schematic discussed.
I do regret that I ever purchased that BX.
I promise I'll thoroughly examine the CL lock control configuration before I buy my next BX. I do promise it wont happen again. I promise ...

Hope you all can forgive me that I own and drive a BX with just slightly more functionality than yours.
At the nearest possible opputunity I'll promptly and without hesitation downgrade my present BX's CL lock control functionality to match what you insist is the only and true BX installation possible in the world - of all BX'es.

I'm sorry. I regret.
:shock: Bit OTT chap.
Regardless of Haynes "Typical" BX wiring diagrams (how many typical BX's are there anyway??, the point though is that as spec from the people that built the car's if the car was fitted with Remote CL then the passenger door did not have CL control. If yours has then it must have been modified or DK cars had different spec's to UK cars since ALL UK cars that had Remote CL DID NOT have CL control from the passenger door.
How easy it is to parrallel the controllers was not the point I was making.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Never ever say never. These are Citroën cars.

My UK spec GTi auto with i/r remote locking has key operated locking on BOTH sides. Which I think is the best way to do it. It has not been modded by anyone.

How do I convert my other two to have key operated central locking ? Fit the lock position switch to the passenger door catch ?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Jaba wrote:Never ever say never.
Jaba, contrary to his own advice then wrote:It has not been modded by anyone.
How sure can you be of that? Given that I've also never seen a car with three inputs to the central locking, I do wonder if your car has been modded at some point to add the third input.

The 405, and other PSA group cars of the era are the same. A (standard) maximum of 2 inputs to the central locking. Driver's door, and one other.
this might be a signature
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Now there you guys :roll:

Its been a long time I've seen such a lack of tolerance, just because of the single fact that a different layout BX for a different market does not comply to the "standards" residing on your backbones.

Its like telling you guys that colour TV sets exist over here - while you only ever saw a B&W TV set - and thus you guys trying to persuade me to believe a colour TV set does not exist. Can even not be made.

I'm sorry guys - but I cant respect such kind of discussions.
We better stop it here before you make yourself even a deeper laughing experience >>^
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Oke doke (my fav phrase now)

Sent email to my mate who has been a Citroën mechanic for the last 20 plus years and he has said he has come across BX with CL in the Pax door and without.

In case your wondering he is in the UK and works on UK cars, now common guys it was a simple enough question which you answered to the best of your knowledge.

Thanks to all.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

AndersDK wrote:Now there you guys :roll:

Its been a long time I've seen such a lack of tolerance, just because of the single fact that a different layout BX for a different market does not comply to the "standards" residing on your backbones.

Its like telling you guys that colour TV sets exist over here - while you only ever saw a B&W TV set - and thus you guys trying to persuade me to believe a colour TV set does not exist. Can even not be made.

I'm sorry guys - but I cant respect such kind of discussions.
We better stop it here before you make yourself even a deeper laughing experience >>^
I'd be interested to know what you mean by lack of tolerance? I have a lack of mechanical knowledge but a few of the people who have replied on here have been most helpful when I've been stuck. I've also had different opinions from different people and yet not one of them got on their high horse about it. Surely shutting your eyes and only believing one thing isn't really the way to go about jobs, especially when faced with the kind of hands on experience the likes of Doc and David Rutherford have?
I'm sorry but I cannot respect such a lack of respect for people on here and have to say I think your post was bang out of order. From where I'm sitting I can only see one person being laughed at and it's not who you suggested either. Can we not respect other people's opinions and listen to differing suggestions and, more importantly, open our minds to other ways of doing things?
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I was planning to PM this message to Anders but I am so shocked that I feel compelled to post in public.

I've never seen a so-called moderator behave in such a way, in ten years of posting on internet forums, newsgroups and mailing lists.

Everyone simply posted what they had seen in their own experience. Where's the problem? Why are you throwing your toys out of your pram?

Being the Technical Moderator does not mean that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Personally I would trust the vast experience that Doc and David have over any Haynes manual or wiring diagram. We also all know that BXs were built with a range of oddities and differences.

Your job as moderator is to cool things, not stir them up. Be calm.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

"""I DONT BELIEVE IT."""

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

As above, I cant believe that here we go again, a simple question that has turned into WW111. What has happened to a bit of common sense and tollerence , toys pram and I may not be always right but I am never wrong.
MY CAR does not have any problems, it does not have any Citroen plip and the central locking works on both front doors with the key, that is how it is. I am satisfied. If Fred's car down the road/country what ever is difference then it's difference, OK it's interesting but I am not going to be jellous , upset or am going to say that it shouldnt or cant be so (different).
It's rare when I have a go but if you are a moderator Anders then be a neautral one and moderate, lock the topic, shut up and move on. Enough damage has been done yet again.
If you wish to chuck me off for expressing an opinion in the open on the forum where it should be and not hidden then so be it.
Cheers.
Geoff.

OK I do have a plip and the only reason is that the old alarm went U/S and the new one had a central locking controller, thank you Tom for the info. If anyone is still interested then a momentary earth to pins 5 or 7 will open/close the C L.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Also worth considering that almost ALL of "our" BXs have had several owners since they first left the factory, some having had very many! The majority of car owners (of any brand) have tinkered at one time or another, adding new parts, replacing older defunct parts, customising, etc., etc. All this tinkering results in virtually ALL BXs being nowadays different from how they started out!

It is of no importance whatsoever who has a car that does this that or the other. They COULD all be made to be the same, but why? If the person that owns the car at any one time is happy with it, that should be enough. If he wants to change it, that is also his own prerogative.

Anyone who has ever owned a BX or two knows well enough that they are ALL different, some more so than others. while Haynes is, in general, a decent reference point for the DIY mechanic, it is NOT infallible. It cannot hope to cover every single variation that was ever built by the factory, even less can it attempt to cover all the changes that may have been made to a BX during its long life.

A BX is what it is! Strange, annoying, weird, irrational, cute, exhilerating, but most of all......DIFFERENT! THAT is why we all love 'em so much, isn't it?

So far as some of the comments made in this thread are concerned, the answer lies in the title of Moderator.

Moderators should MODERATE.....check a dictionary!
(Get splinters in your a$$ from sitting on the fence if necessary....but maintain a firm, but fair and MODERATE control on a thread. No room for some of the extremely biased "moderation" seen here!)

Just my humble opinions, as always.

Dave

Incidentally....my BX CL only works from the inside when pressing the passenger door button. I live with it, as the CL works fine on alldoors from outside using the remote plip (not an original Cit one!)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

AndersDK wrote:Now there you guys :roll:

I'm failing to see where there has been any lack of tolerance? It's just people relaying personal experience on a forum, which is what a forum is for.

This has nothing to do with standards or pre-conceived ideaologies residing on my backbone, it's information as accepted by the vast majority, and more importantly the people that designed and built the car's in the first place.
Perhaps you know better than PSA?
Anders wrote:Its like telling you guys that colour TV sets exist over here - while you only ever saw a B&W TV set - and thus you guys trying to persuade me to believe a colour TV set does not exist. Can even not be made.
An odd example. I'm sitting by a very nice colour widescreen telly as I type, albeit it was built by the people that brought us Pearl Harbour, but it resides in the UK.
Are you suggesting that english people were too dense to grasp the concept of shadowmasks and three guns in a cathode ray tube?

Anders wrote:I'm sorry guys - but I cant respect such kind of discussions.
Why? Because we are disagreeing with you? Or because maybe you habe God Complex and feel we are not worthy to question your findings, despite them not concuring with PSA's own technical spec's?
Anders wrote:We better stop it here before you make yourself even a deeper laughing experience >>^
I have no problem laughing at myself or others. I do often.
I think the problem here is that there has been a major Local Humour Failure in Denmark.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

This post is great, i would never have thought the topic being discussed could be so entertaining :D.

Perhaps there should have been a poll on this one, as to who's psgr side door operates the central locking :wink:, that way no one would be right or wrong.....

Have i already mentioned that all 3 of my beasts dont work on the psgr side 8)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

my car has a plip and a fob and the central locking works from both sides and experiments today show that it will also work from nearly 50 yards away, better still it sometimes works all of its own accord (typically on the first 'lock' of the day).

didn't used to do these clever things though!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

lol@Vanny.

On the ZX it seems to work according to the phases of the moon. It also doesn't seem to like being left alone for more than a few hours at a time ;)