Jon's Blog started 7th October 2007!

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Crikey, they say things happen in threes:

1) Family Ill

2) Mortgage lender wxxkxxs

3) Washing machine bust

The rest of the year should be plain sailing now :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DavidRutherford wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:Halfrauds sand paper though! :shock:
Look at it this way, its only something they've bought in and are selling on again, without any of the spotty little oiks in the shop having any input. That should be fairly safe.

... although I'm fairly sure you'll be offered gasket paper, or blotting paper before you actually get some sandpaper out of them.
C'mon David, gasket paper in Halfrauds? Are you mad ;-)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Bloody hell Jon, it's all happening huh!

Indeed, Northern Rock, such a wonderfully run company. :roll:
You should of course be doubly pissed off as not only are they fucking everyone over, every tax payer in the land bailed them out because they were / are a piss poor excuse for a company and were run by an incompetant waste of blood and organs.

I knew a man that was a whizz with washing machines, but I think he might be dead now...

Oh, and you're always welcome up the shit palace mate, anytime.
And equally, if you need a hand with teh car I'm sure I can find some time.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
M

Post by M »

jonkw wrote:And finally, can I say a big "thank you" to Northern Rock and the cocks than run it.... , the repaying of the £1000 cashback I got when I took out the original "deal",
Thats just Donkey Jizz is that, its like me coming back to you in a few years time and saying remember the money I gave you when I took out that great deal on the TGD, well its time to give it back - utter cock. I hope you collect the collective outpourings of your family and post them through the letter bocks of your nearest branch.

Hope the family are well again soon, its such a bummer when you have to get up in the night to sort out kiddie barf (fortunately as someone who is very deaf I never have to deal with this) :twisted:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

jonathan_dyane wrote:C'mon David, gasket paper in Halfrauds? Are you mad ;-)
Not at all, I once bought gasket paper in Halfrauds. It was about 2001 though back when halfrauds wasn't quite so useless.

What I was referring to was the episode a while ago when Stu and I were trying to get a cheap Torx screwdriver in halfords (only place open on a sunday) and the spotty little twat behind the desk offered me a Torque wrench.

I expressed my dismay at their lack of understanding. Probably with words too big for them to understand, after all, some of them had two or more syllables!
this might be a signature
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DavidRutherford wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:C'mon David, gasket paper in Halfrauds? Are you mad ;-)
Not at all, I once bought gasket paper in Halfrauds. It was about 2001 though back when halfrauds wasn't quite so useless.

What I was referring to was the episode a while ago when Stu and I were trying to get a cheap Torx screwdriver in halfords (only place open on a sunday) and the spotty little twat behind the desk offered me a Torque wrench.

I expressed my dismay at their lack of understanding. Probably with words too big for them to understand, after all, some of them had two or more syllables!
In that case I do stand corrected ;-) Fork handles does spring to mind...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Best of luck with that MoT! After all your hard work, it surely deserves it.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Aye, good luck with it mate, although I'm sure it'll be fine.
Tracey Chapman, I bloody love her, I listened to her best of rather alot when I was cruising around in the XM, not sure why, but it seemed fitting.

Modern stereo's are a tad more usable than oldy worldy wireless sets though!

Get thee an autochanger mate, they FTW!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

docchevron1472 wrote:Modern stereo's are a tad more usable than oldy worldy wireless sets though!

Get thee an autochanger mate, they FTW!
Agreed. That or something that can play mp3s - that way you can fit about a dozen albums into one CD, much better than having to switch them around all the time.

I'm really happy with my Kenwood and it only cost about £50, brand new.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I had a brand new hire car at the weekend with a new stereo and the thing was useless ( the whole bleeding car was useless) - couldn't lock into a radio signal properly.What was wrong with manual tuning I say?

Also, I still love the ole Compact Cassette which actually has better sound quality than MP3 if your rig is functioning properly. I'm sure I've banged on about it before but the Grundig VD1650 is a period tape-player with a mini-jack input in the front ( there were others) so you can input anything : even a record player which I do in my van, obviously not driving along but when stopped for the night and relaxing.
These rigs can be had for about €1 and will be rocking in the free world for years to come! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I shall be in work by the time the MoT is over... so no internet until 0200 or so...

Let us know how it gets on mate.

Fingers x'd!

M

Post by M »

The suspense is killing me.....