GT really really has to go now..... Mountainman?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It's a disease I tells ya!!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I don't know what you mean Doc.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I don't know what you mean Doc.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Theres an echo in here!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sadly not in triplicate though :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who said that?

Tim, I think it would be honorable and the right thing to do if Dave turns up to offer him the car since it was destined to go to him.
I really hope Dave is ok, he's a bloody nice bloke and clearly all is as far from well as it can get for him..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Agreed, and if/when you do read this Dave please let us know you're ok mate. Can help moving the GT if wanted and if there's anything else you want just let me know.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Agreed, and if/when you do read this Dave please let us know you're ok mate. Can help moving the GT if wanted and if there's anything else you want just let me know.
Vauxhall apologist.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Right. Dave is a really sound guy, one of the nicest people you will meet in fact, and were all there for him I'm sure, but to expect Tim to just hand the car over as soon as he appears is madness. Certainly, he has first refusal on the sale of the CAR (yes, its just a car!) instead of me, but Tim offered to sort the car out, gave it a garage and really is sorting it out. There was no way I could carry on paying £25 a month for an off road space to look after it. It wasn't even under cover. I have attempted contact with Dave in every which way I know how... I could have been keeping the car for years for all I know, and it was costing me £25 a month I can't really afford.

Dave, if your reading this, we all wish you the very best, and I do hope that everything is OK.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Have to agree with Adam on this one folks, circumstances arent ideal but it needed to go, so its officially Tim's as per the original owners decision. At least its in the club rather than e-dread & then possibly cubed.....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Fair comment and maybe if Tim keeps all the receipts when Dave returns to the fold he may be in the position to give Tim what it cost him and the car will go to another good home.
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Unless Tim keeps this one for a bit :), i'm sure everything will work out in the end to everyone's satisfaction. Lets hope Dave is ok????
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I parted with 240 hard earned english pounds today at a safe caravan and classic car storage warehouse to ensure she stays nice, warm and dry for the next 6 months, so no im not parting with it any time soon! :wink: On the upside she has a couple of austin healeys and old merc sl's to keep her company during the winter hibernation.

It has 24 hour surveilance and I can get to it anytime I like, shes MOTed but I will keep it sorned until the spring where I will start in ernest on the big stuff. In the meantime Im going to try and rescue the bonnet to try and keep the original GT decal where it belongs, if not I will need one.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

tim leech wrote:Im going to try and rescue the bonnet to try and keep the original GT decal where it belongs, if not I will need one.
If you do manage to find a new decal Tim, can you see if they have two? Mine looks a little naked at the moment...

Otherwise we could try to get some made up; I have some rough measurements hidden around here somewhere.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The decal on the bonnet is perfect bazza, adam masked round it when he did his best to repair the bonnet, I was wondering if someone could tak a tarcing or something alike