French Car Forum

Anything about BXs
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

admiral51 wrote: i have only ever owned 3 french cars :-$ :-$ all are xantias but you rotten sods have now made determined to have atleast 1 BX

i know just the 1 but money is tight and SWMBO says i must concentrate on the decorating :lol: :lol: :lol:

colin
Easy:
Kill the missus, get rid of the Xantia's, have 500 BX's.
Jobbed!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i hope the new forum is going to be worth the wait, can we please have an update to the proceedings
muchass grassy ass
kind regards
malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

for those FCF users its back up and running now
regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i tried to register on the "french car forum", but it wouldn't let me register,saying my email address has been banned!! i've no idea why,any ideas?
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

I believe that they (in their wisdom) decided to ban all web based email as an anti-spam strategy. :wink: So unless you have a subscription account you will be "bounced". :shock:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Same here, absolutely rediculas!!!! How do i get gen on fixing xantias now?????
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Thanks doc!!
Steve
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

No worries.
:wink:

AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

ren16tx wrote:i tried to register on the "french car forum", but it wouldn't let me register,saying my email address has been banned!! i've no idea why,any ideas?
chris
Yes, I can tell you really easy.

You have a Yahoo.co.uk e-mail address which as part of anti spamming measures has had to be banned.
It doesn't matter what comes before the "Yahoo" bit, it's not allowed.
Why is it not allowed? Well, as Administrator, I get the job of deleting all the spammers as they register so I have the time factor to consider.
Many spammers use phoney e-mail addresses whilst the so called shrewd ones use Yahoo, Hotmail and the like, the reason being that they are untraceable.
Presently, as you are aware, these forums, FCF and this one can take a long time to load and at times my internet service can be as low as 55 kbps and is rarely above 1000 so I have to wait several minutes, including denial of access and timing out, to get to each one to delete.
The other day, I had reason not to be on for some time and I had 55 of these scumbags to get rid of, now whilst to someone sitting on the sideline it might seem to be a ridiculous situation, want to swap jobs doing these deletions or would it just be simpler to send me a fresh e-mail address and I'll include it in your profile and all is fixed?

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

I cannot get on and i have an AOL email address???
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

FWIW, it's no easier for me than it is for you, so send your info on a PM here IF you want it fixing.
If you just want to whinge then don't; simple as that.
At present I am in an area that has been flattened by storms and we have only had power (electricity) for around 10 hours over the past 3 days, so for me to get access, I firstly have to be on the air and secondly be on the air when the server decides it wants me to be on there, so it is a lot of trouble for me to do as it could take me a day or more of trying, so I'm prepared to go to a lot of trouble if you'll go to a little.
At present I don't even know what your log in name is on FCF so I can do absolutely nothing until you get me all the necessary information.
No skin off my nose if you want to refuse the offer.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.