m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

docchevron1472 wrote:Monza rocks!
We both agree on that!
docchevron1472 wrote: I cant be arsed to clean it, so I'll change it since I have spares..
Spares???? Lucky B@$t@rd. I paid 275 pounds for my Monza interior (albeit it's very very tidy).

I'm looking for a new bottom cushon in monza with the cloth properly clipped in. You got one?
I might be interested in an exchange of currency!

Michael
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I pay less that that for complete cars!

I might have a spare...
Kinda depends on whether my mate wants the seats that come out of the TD really.
The only other set I have are somewhat fire damaged...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

docchevron1472 wrote:I pay less that that for complete cars!
My point exactly!!!

Blopdy expensine interior here! Here's a pic (before I changed the door cards.

My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

£275 for an interior? Hats off to you mate, you really do have the bug! As Doc says that'd buy a complete car here, quite a few actually. There is, or was, a mint Hurricane interior at a garage round here a year or two back. Tempted to buy it (if the price is right) and flog it off for a few quid profit!
Vauxhall apologist.
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

cavmad wrote:£275 for an interior? Hats off to you mate, you really do have the bug!
Thanks Billy, I sure do!
cavmad wrote:As Doc says that'd buy a complete car here, quite a few actually. There is, or was, a mint Hurricane interior at a garage round here a year or two back. Tempted to buy it (if the price is right) and flog it off for a few quid profit!
HAHAHA...hurricane trim would be nice but I don't have another Bx to put it in....I suppose that's the least of my problems...LOL...more getting it here.

No....I love my BX's. I spend heaps of money on them cause I live at home and work pays for my computer/internet and phone :D

All I need to pay is the fuel, tax and insurance

Michael
Last edited by m_2975 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

You've just reminded me Billy, I had a Hurricane interior somewhere...
Wonder what the hell I did with it!?
hhmm.......
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
prm
BXpert

Post by prm »

Michael

Repairing the seat pleats is quite easy.
At least it’s a nice clean job for a change.

First remove the plastic strips attached to the material from the channels on the front and sides of the seat. This gains access to the foam cushion. Lever out gently, with a wide blade screwdriver, try to avoid distorting the plastic strip, as this is held in place with small lugs on the seat channel.

Either side of the seat, going front to rear, you should be able to see 1/8 dia, wire through the openings, lever the front one outwards and the other two inwards, these are the side pleat retaining wires.

Straighten the plug chain, type link, securing the circular plastic discs, the complete cover should now lift off.

Straighten out the pleat bars and repair any material damage, where the bars have possibly come through. Out with the sewing kit!!

To refit, and tension the seat foam. Make up 6 -6 inch long, ridged pull wires, with small hooks to attach to the chains -very light gas welding rod is ideal. , insert wires through into the foam section, slide over the plastic discs, pull through on extra link, insert a small wire/drill to hold in position, remove pull wire, open out chain link as per original, and then remove temporary retainers.

With the side pleat bars, you might find the front clip fails to hold in position, or forces the centre ones out of the retainers. If you bend the last 2 inches of this straight section inwards, this should hold all three in the correct position

Refit the plastic strips, aligning the material seams with the foam side wings as you go.

Quite agree folks – Monza looks far better than Le Mans.
m_2975
BXpert
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

prm wrote:Michael

Repairing the seat pleats is quite easy.
At least it’s a nice clean job for a change.

First remove the plastic strips attached to the material from the channels on the front and sides of the seat. This gains access to the foam cushion. Lever out gently, with a wide blade screwdriver, try to avoid distorting the plastic strip, as this is held in place with small lugs on the seat channel.

Either side of the seat, going front to rear, you should be able to see 1/8 dia, wire through the openings, lever the front one outwards and the other two inwards, these are the side pleat retaining wires.

Straighten the plug chain, type link, securing the circular plastic discs, the complete cover should now lift off.

Straighten out the pleat bars and repair any material damage, where the bars have possibly come through. Out with the sewing kit!!

To refit, and tension the seat foam. Make up 6 -6 inch long, ridged pull wires, with small hooks to attach to the chains -very light gas welding rod is ideal. , insert wires through into the foam section, slide over the plastic discs, pull through on extra link, insert a small wire/drill to hold in position, remove pull wire, open out chain link as per original, and then remove temporary retainers.

With the side pleat bars, you might find the front clip fails to hold in position, or forces the centre ones out of the retainers. If you bend the last 2 inches of this straight section inwards, this should hold all three in the correct position

Refit the plastic strips, aligning the material seams with the foam side wings as you go.

Quite agree folks – Monza looks far better than Le Mans.
Thanks PRM!!!!

Will give it a go on Sunday as it really bothers me with the bars always popping up. Luckily the material isn't ripped at all but it's starting to be a little stressed on the seam. Will inspect and see if it needs a minor repair.

The passenger seat is perfect (as it's never been sat in EVER) so I have a guide as to what it's supposed to look like.

Michael
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
In the Family:
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A