Just a couple of of estate questions really....

BX Tech talk
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Just a couple of of estate questions really....

Post by ed4ferrets »

Anyone have experience of removing the ugly black tape like stuff that runs across the tailgate below the glass?

Also I recall reading a looong time ago about some sort of mod to the tail light cluster, something about the fog light being swopped with brake light IIRC? Can someone clarify what this was about please?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Piece of pi$$ mate.
Find out which wire is the live feed for the brake light and fog light on the ribbon cable.
Cut and splice, jobbed.
10 mins max. Even I can do it, and I aint no electrician.
Although I'm better than the helmuts in work, so be warned, stay away from our buses, they're lethal.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Ed - there's a section on estate light swappage here on the BX DIY site - though it may not detail exactly which wire colours are involved.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Thanks for the info lads, a sudden flashback to a previous BX with heavily tinted front side windows .... I used a steam wallpaper stripper to remove it, worked a treat leaving no residue! That should work for the 'orrible placky bit too :idea:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

DLM wrote:Ed - there's a section on estate light swappage here on the BX DIY site - though it may not detail exactly which wire colours are involved.
Brilliant, there's a wealth of electrical mods to be found there!!

Oh, and it does give wiring details including the interesting fact that the mod only needs doing to the left side ribbon as it follows through to the rhs 8)