National 2008

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I must say the CCC site is a shambles, isn't it! With the National coming up you might expect a headline feature on the home page (instead you get a cluttered, confusing page)...

Does it need designing - or what!?

Back o/t, can those prices be guaranteed correct? Are we sure the stay-over £30 isn't a misprint? Don't mean to question the contribution of Mr Frugg!... just wishful thinking, that's all...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

frugg wrote: ccc members, traction owners club and 2cvgb

£5 a day
£25 weekend camping

non members and visitors
£7 a day
£30 weekend camping
Re-reading frugg's post I think that the £30 covers Friday camping as well. So for non members you are getting 2 days admission (=£14) plus 2 nights camping (@ £8/night) for £30 which doesn't seem too bad. The obvious question is; for those only arriving Saturday evening (like me!) and staying for the Sunday, can we just pay £15?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think I speak for a few others here: I want to arrive Saturday, sometime later on towards the evening. Camp over and spend most of Sunday there. Now, if I can do that for £15 I'm up for it.

For myself, I'd even add another £7 and arrive earlier on the Saturday... at a pinch.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I think I speak for a few others here: I want to arrive Saturday, sometime later on towards the evening. Camp over and spend most of Sunday there. Now, if I can do that for £15 I'm up for it.

For myself, I'd even add another £7 and arrive earlier on the Saturday... at a pinch.
Yup, that just about sums it up!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I think I speak for a few others here: I want to arrive Saturday, sometime later on towards the evening. Camp over and spend most of Sunday there. Now, if I can do that for £15 I'm up for it.
Don't speculate, ring the official knowledgeable one and find out as per my earlier post :wink: :

CAMPING AVAILABLE ON SITE CALL PATRICK RUGG ON 07960 501700

I'm sure an update will be appreciated by many. I would ring but I'm not camping over.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Way2go wrote: Don't speculate, ring the official knowledgeable one and find out as per my earlier post :wink: :
Well, I did as you suggest. And it's still very vague. I think it's a case of turning up late-ish (say 4:30 onwards?) on Saturday and negotiating at the gate! Patrick said he didn't know (nice chap it seems BTW) £7 for the Sunday plus maybe a tenner? for the camping.

I think that's fair, although someone might argue that £7 plus £15 makes more sense given two nights is £30!

Let's see if we can get a figure out of the organisers....?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip Chidlow wrote: Well, I did as you suggest. And it's still very vague.
How strange? I've never got involved with CCC but it seems then there is substance in the moans people have about the organisation then?

Not good when it is paid subscription club on a supposedly professional footing! :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

As i have already said i can't make this year the idea of a BX shindig next year is the dogs danglies. drunk ^^bx> beers :lol: :lol:
I might even have my car fixed for that one.
As it looks like i have the same problem with my pipes as Ted n Terri.
Tech post.
I must stop finding thing's to repair esspecially as i am unable to get stuck in at the moment.

Regards kermit :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

OUCH! £101 for 6 months tax for the GT, I need to use it more, ah well the run to cambridge wil be the most miles its done in a year.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Well, vague as it seems, I'm happy to go on what Philip's found out! See you all there.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i'll be there, but which car to take?
the Ami Super or the "A" reg BX 14E!???? or just take the GS estate! or my parents "new" XM exclusive V6!!

:?:
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Blindingly obvious, Chris - take the 14E! You know how much attention it got on here, I bet the guys want to see it.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Chris bring the 14E mate and let me have a go, and of course your are welcome yto try the GT.