A rare BX related post for a change, as last night I picked up the new acquisition. With the benefit of hindsight, driving it 60 miles home in the middle of the night when it had sat unused since an MOT failure 3 years ago was perhaps not the best idea I've had. Especially given that it was snowing and I had no heater or demist functions.
Vanny kindly gave me a lift over to collect, and after stopping in a pub on the way back for a meal, I wired the blower motor directly to the battery to try and make it possible to see out. I managed to lure Lana out of Vanny's nice warm car and into the BX with the promise of a working heater, but sadly the vents were shut so no toasty warm air was forthcoming. Having a passenger did however mean I had a 'manual demist' feature, so she spent most of the journey back wiping the inside of the screen.
The only other thing to need repairing was the exhaust hanger, which although firmly attached to the car, was not in any way attached to the rear silencer. Easily fixed with a length of wire.
I took a few photos this morning to show how cars have increased in size over the last 20 years!
I then had the first look at the car in daylight. Overall it didn't seem too bad, but a bit green from its storage under trees. And full of cobwebs!
Important areas seem solid though.
The headlamp lens needed attention before the journey, but fortunately all other lights worked apart from a number plate lamp.