Swop BXtzd for BX petrol

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

HHmm, infact looking carefully at the picture's which TBH are not that great, but apart from the obvious incorrect colour of the front bumper, the TZD Turbo decal on the C pillar panel is too far back, and the rear lights are the wrong tint.....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Philip chidlow wrote:For what it's worth I suspect the V5 is correct. Why should they make a mistake like that? More likely the other way round - ie omitting the 'Hurricane' (or any special edition) name.
I've had incorrect V5s. A good 25% of them, at a rough guesstimate.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

For what its worth myTD Hurricane's vin is : VF7XB EK0017EK0680. So its almost identical to Mick's, just 135 earlier.
I dont know if vins would have a Hurricane specific indicator any more than a Meteor or Athena would.
???

EDIT: Just had a look at the pics here: http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8045

Looks like a Hurricane to me - its got the correct stripes and spoiler. Its just missing the pods and Hurricane decal.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Heres a few pics of ours...

And that Greeness...

I noticed in the photo's in that topic the one in question doesn't have the same side grill thingy next to the spolier as ours, and doesn't have 'Hurricane' on the end of the pinstripe. :?

Martyn.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Swop BXtzd for BX petrol

Post by mtbxathena »

Hi Martyn. Thanks for the photo`s. I think they call that side thingy a pod. When you have time can you open the n/s front door and have a look on the A post, there should be four numbers in stencil [mine say`s 5478] I once read on the forum about these numbers being a code for when the finished body was put into storage. When was your hurricne first registered, and what are then last four digets of the chassis number? Once again thanks for the photo`s. Regards, Mick. 15.34 29/05/2008
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The four digits are the car's ORGA number. This will tell you when it was made. That's all. (Search the Forum for info on that). :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Rob_e (UK)
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Rob_e (UK) »

Hi,
It sounds from some of these posts as if people are saying the body work on a Hurricane would be expected to rust quicker than some other models of BX; sorry if this is a stupid question, but isn't most the body work the same on all BXs? why would some models rust quicdker than others?

Thanks,
Rob
BX19 GTi 8v 89 227k
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It is widely believed that the Hurricane (and the Ourane in Europe, maybe?) models were created to use up a stockpile of body shells, some of which might have been standing around for a couple of years. And metal doesn't like that.

Also it could point to poor priming or indeed inferior metal, who knows for sure?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mtbxathena
Confirmed BX'er

Swop BX TZD for BX petrol

Post by mtbxathena »

Hi. As it states HURRICANE on the log book, the best thing I can do is ask Swansea for a copy of the original V5 when the car was new. If it says Hurricane on the original V5 well thats all the proof we need.Failing that ,I could contact the original owner. but as I know he is in poor health I do not want to bother him. Regards, Mick. 09.45 Hrs 30.05.2008.