Wanted: GTI/16Valve

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I've even been kind enough to provide a link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=003

You could probably get a better value one yes. But if you're nervous about BX ownership, at least this one has people who can vouch for it.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

roverman wrote:It Come off in me hand!

Would this fit the bill?
Keep up at the back there!! He's bought a CX instead.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: Nearly Done

Post by DavidRutherford »

raggerminder wrote:I've gone mad, underpants on head and pencils up the nose and bought a CX. Drove it home nearly 300 miles today and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I trust you have, or will be signing up here, the club for all people with pencils up the nose and underpants on the head.
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: BX Wanted /For Sale.

Post by docchevron »

roy.hassell wrote: The eventual purchaser first offered £1500, which was rejected because of Rob, then £2000, and agreed upon £2275.

How many of my critics if they were being totally honest with themselves would have turned away the higher price, sight unseen, money upfront !
£2275..... Is it gold plated?!
IF I had made a gentlemans agreement then regardless of how much I was offered from elsewhere I would stand by that agreement unless the buyer was fully informed of my plans in advance.
But thats me. I believe a mans word is his bond and I'd be thoroughly pissed off if that bond was broken.
However, if you informed the seller that the car was still listed for sale and you would take an offer from a different potential buyer then you cannot really do anymore than that.

roy.hassell wrote: In closing I ask how many of my detractors saw the original ad--if they had they would have known how much I put into the car to restore it and maybe, just maybe would realise it is still undervalued !
Have you a link to the ad? I have not seen it, but would be rather interested in what you have done to it. As for it still being undervalued? Well maybe to you, and those of us that are drawn to them, but seriousley, it's just a BX, and they aint worth that much anymore. Fair play though £2275 has got to be a record in recent years.
I'll stick my neck out and say I'm pretty confident I've spent considerably more time and money on mine than probably anyone else, and I wouldn't have thought it's actually worth anymore than £1000 tops.

Whoever bought your car must have REALLY wanted it.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

roy.hassell wrote:How many of my critics if they were being totally honest with themselves would have turned away the higher price, sight unseen, money upfront !
Perhaps I am old fashioned, or even naive, but I consider my word to be my bond, and if I had entered into an agreement would certainly keep my word and honour it. But then I'm not into cars to make money, I enjoying owning, driving and maintaining them, and when I sell a car my main hope is that the buyer will do the same rather than getting as much money as possible.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

This post seems to have caused some interesting points of view & at least the fella has said what he's said. Upto him regardless of what anyone thinks.

I personally think that he's done Rob a favour, who knows how good that valver was, but it was always top-end money, as others have pointed out they can be bought cheaper than that & not necessarily any worse either.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

roy.hassell wrote:As for those who mention Small Claims Court, get real !!
As one of the people who mentioned the Small Claims Court, I'd politely request that you go back and ACTUALLY READ WHAT I WROTE. I believe my post was entirely real.

I'm really getting rather tired of people either scan-reading or not reading previous posts in a thread before replying.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

roy.hassell wrote:I was the owner of the Red 16Valver which appears to have raised so much interest in its recent sale. In response to the comments for and against the story I can only say there are two sides to it. Yes, the prospective purchaser, Rob, did offer to pay the asking price of £1095 but no deposit was made although offered. He is a teacher in Darlington and the car was in Hampshire. Yes I was in no hurry to complete the deal and Rob was unable to make the trip down before Half-Term which was 4-5 weeks after initial contact so one could hardly say he was putting himself out to take delivery. He had already told me it was a toss up between mine and a CX in Ayrshire. No I did not remove it from sale, would you with those time frames, but equally so I wouldn't let anyone else view it although I was quite happy to supply details. At all times Rob was kept informed and supplied with copies of e-mails to other ( more than one ) interested parties so he was well aware of developments. The eventual purchaser first offered £1500, which was rejected because of Rob, then £2000, and agreed upon £2275. It was me who offered to refund Robs train fare, and the HPI carried out at my suggestion, not the other way round. That cheque for expenses was sent prior to the eventual collection of the car so there should be no complaints there from Rob. As for those who mention Small Claims Court, get real !! How many of my critics if they were being totally honest with themselves would have turned away the higher price, sight unseen, money upfront ! Rob was aware of the facts at all times and could have equalled the price if it meant so much to him as a specific car if it was ' The One.' I too am disappointed, but that is not in the actual transaction, but in the fact that someone felt it necessary to air their views in such a way. In closing I ask how many of my detractors saw the original ad--if they had they would have known how much I put into the car to restore it and maybe, just maybe would realise it is still undervalued !
Two sides of the story indeed and promises don't put food on the table. However I do think a gentleman's agreement shoud be just that.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

MULLEY wrote: I personally think that he's done Rob a favour, who knows how good that valver was, but it was always top-end money, as others have pointed out they can be bought cheaper than that & not necessarily any worse either.
You probably have a point there actually Mulley.
Although it went for wayhey beyond top-end money.

Either way, Rob now has a CX to play with, Roy has a pot of cash and the buyer has a car that was too much money (so he / she clearly REALLY wanted that car), but hopefully he / she will enjoy it.

Alls well that ends well yadda yadda yadda.

However good it is though, it still aint as good as mine :mrgreen: \:D/

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I am amazed, but pleased, that other people value BXs so highly.

I bought mine in 2001 for £550 and it would certainly sell on eBay for
that, 7 years later. That's quite an achievement for an old Citroen.

So my 16V BX has had zero depreciation,

:D

and that helps make petrol at £5.50 a gallon seem more acceptable!

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Roy never came back with a link though....shame.. I'd have liked to have seen the advert.
I'd also like to know what this car has had done to it.

I'm also not overly convinced that someone has actually shelled out over £2K for a car that is worth half that, or maybe less TBH.

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:oops:
I reckon so!
How did I not equate the two??
DOH!

Still, ok, £7K spent, I mean like, he could just have bought ALOT of air fresheners or something.....

I'd still like to know exactley where the £7K went, and further, if you've spent £7K on a car worth £1K, selling it is silly.
Family pressures or not.
If I had a family and I had to make a choice betwixt car and family, I'd be living in a really nice heated garage!

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Didnt spot that one either. Like doc says, 7k, why??? could have had 5 or 6 ok one's for that amount of dosh. Perhaps it was sentamentality??

Anyway, its gone, it might one day re-appear & then we may find out the story behind this very valuable valver, perhaps it was owned previously by a celebrity :lol: .
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I reckon you could easily spunk 7k if you had everything done by the boys at Citroen and the car was a bit ragged in the first place..

Hopefully Roy will step forward with some pics and details.

Mulley wrote
perhaps it was owned previously by a celebrity
I'd better say it ( before he does) : No it wasn't previously owned by Doc :D
Last edited by toddao on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read