BX TZD Hurricane For Sale (VERY NICE!)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

MULLEY wrote:Erm chaps, are we getting a bit excited about a car with no tax or mot??
Tax is required on an annual basis anyway, so it's a bit of a non issue really.
The MoT is also a non issue. Look at how good the car looks, if it's been that well cared for on top, chances are it's bloody near ok underneath.
Ok, it *may* need a bit of recommisioning, but any car thats 16 years old is going to need work.

I'd say thats a cracker and well worth having.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Mulley has a point - even if the car is as good as it looks, the lack of T&T is a powerful bargaining tool. That might just go for a bargain price.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I agree Doc, it does look very nice, but as other club members have testfied over the years, looks can be deceiving...

Now i'm sure on here most people were of the opinon that the BX without any mot & tax is worth scrap value only, does this mean they are going up & members are changing their minds :)

These cars are unloved by the mass public, so as Stuart says, this is a powerful bargaining tool.

I personally wouldnt pay anything more than the scrap price as i'm no mechanic & wouldnt want to take the extra risk of buying something at a higher price, only to find the mot fail sheet as long as my arm.

A car is only worth what someone want to pay for it, so if there are keen bods out there wanting to pay more, i'm not going to criticise them personally, afterall its upto them.

So, anyone going to buy this then?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

MULLEY wrote:...as other club members have testfied over the years, looks can be deceiving...
My grey 16V was a case in point.

This Hurricane looks grand. £275 tops I'd say, though.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

MULLEY wrote:Now i'm sure on here most people were of the opinon that the BX without any mot & tax is worth scrap value only, does this mean they are going up & members are changing their minds :)

These cars are unloved by the mass public, so as Stuart says, this is a powerful bargaining tool.

I personally wouldnt pay anything more than the scrap price as i'm no mechanic & wouldnt want to take the extra risk of buying something at a higher price, only to find the mot fail sheet as long as my arm.

A car is only worth what someone want to pay for it, so if there are keen bods out there wanting to pay more, i'm not going to criticise them personally, afterall its upto them.

So, anyone going to buy this then?
I agree entirely mate. Ian stated it's £500 with ticket, or make an offer as is, so whilst it's fair to say that as it stands it's worth nothing more than scrap value by definition.
But, if an offer of say £250 was agreed then thats £250 less than the asking price with ticket so gives scope for a few bits for an MoT.
Ok, it could be a nail, but I dont think this is, I really dont. I'd want to have a look at it in the metal first, but I really think this could be a very nice car.
It looks very straight, clean and tidy, for me thats good since personally the mechanical bits dont bother me in the slightest, but I talk of course, personally.

I've come to find that the presence of a valid Mot doesn't actually mean very much anyway. I've bought £30 BX's with no ticket that cost nothing to MoT, and I've bought rather more expensive BX's with ticket that were bloody death traps.

Could I seriousley justify having ANOTHER car? Well, no, not really, but this does look tempting, although something would have to go first.
So, anyone want to buy a fully sorted valver for £45K???
Anyone?

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Where is the mutha? Ian, is it local to you?

Mark.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Looks nice and £500 with a full ticket has to be reasonable money (as in worth a punt)?
As others, most notably Mulley, have pointed out though without a test it's not worth a great deal and I'd suggest £200 is about it's mark.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The car is somewhere in Hertfordshire.

I've had a word with the seller and he says he's open to offers, he also says he's had one offer already but declined for the time being as it was a bit lower than he would have liked.

I am interested in this (not really sure why) other than I've bid on loads of these at auctions and on ebay over the years and never actually managed to get one.

There are a couple of things that worry me a bit,

1, there seems to be a dent in the o/s rear wing just above the Hurricane legend, not sure if this could be sucked out. :?
2, It's a long way from here and likely to cost a fair bit to recover, so that would keep my offer price down a bit.

So before I go any further......... IS ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED?
They think it's all over, it is now!
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

Yes I'm interested, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing it.

On Sunday I'm going away for the week and I'd have to get a quick sale on the Meteor - which has long MOT and Tax - because I've not got space for a 3rd vehicle!

Ah jeezus I need a plan...... (and also a word with my missus).

Mark.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

ken newbold wrote: 1, there seems to be a dent in the o/s rear wing just above the Hurricane legend, not sure if this could be sucked out. :?

So before I go any further......... IS ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED?
The dent seems to be pretty typical of hatch BX's, not sure why...
It does slightley run into the swage line, but I reckon that'll pop out just right with a suitable tool from inside the car.
Not sure how effective a sucker would be there really...

Yes, I am interested...BUT... common sense and like 35 other more pressing projects dictates that it would be foolish to take another one on..
But I've no doubt that it's better than either of the two Hurricanes I had inthe past.

Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Can't believe I missed this, is it still available? And whats the mileage?

Can someone PM me contact details etc please?
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

Looks like I'll have to bow out of this one. The timing's not right, as I'm off on hols at the weekend and not back until 22nd. I'd want to fettle/tart up the Meteor a bit more before selling it, to squeeze the most squids from what is basically a popular limited edition model with an unpopular 1.6 petrol engine. I couldn't justify letting it go in a quick sale on fleabay for £200-250 after all the time and money I've spent on it.

Damn.
:(

Mark.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Hurricane wrote:Can't believe I missed this, is it still available? And whats the mileage?

Can someone PM me contact details etc please?
Send me your email, and I'll forward you what I have.

I would like it myself, but am prepared to let anyone else have first bash at it. So long as it goes to a good home I don't care. :P
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That's very good of you Ken and (in my opinion) just what this forum is about.
Vauxhall apologist.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

PM sent, thanks. :)
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo