Genuine Request for Help .............. GTI 16V

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

reanimation wrote:Jeez how far! :O eleventy squillion miles!

if it wasnt so far, I'd be clawing up piggy bank remains and making an offer.

If you get stuck with it and want it gone, let me know what you'll take, i'd get in to trouble for this... :-k
Go for it! Oh, and welcome back mate :)

Mark.
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Aw thanks mate. :) :D

I was set on a Xantia, and although not consciously looking for one, it'd be difficult to get good one as they are in banger territory its hard to know which are the good uns and which are run to the ground.

CM, I can't believe you really want the old van, I thought it was only me loved it! :D GF is sole insurer at mo hence wanting 'own' car again!

This is a lovely BX though, seriously let me know if ya get stuck and want to offer it up too cheap. bank manager is chasing me, but i would entertain the idea... :)
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

(Oh PS CM if you want a trick van, check out that guy on RR with an XR2 engineered Mk2 its only £500 or summat :) )
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Daughter in Law

Post by Daughter in Law »

Gents............... we still have it, a couple of people have been in touch about it, but as yet, noone has been to take a look. It will be sold with another 6 months tax on it (retaxing it now ready for the end of the month) and MOT till mid April 2009. I know realistically, we arent going to get £1000 for it, and are open to offers. It really is a great car - I cant believe we have still got it to be honest .......................
Am reluctant to Ebay it at this stage.
If anyone knows anyone who can be tempted into a 16v GTI, please send them my way!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

My sympathy! This really is a bad time to ask the average BX owner to cough up! A good 16v is going to attract attention on the Forum, and hopefully you can tell, it isn't for lack of appreciation that you still have it. My advice would be wait until after the summer hols. Or eBay her with a reasonable reserve....
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Daughter in Law

Post by Daughter in Law »

Well chaps - my time has come to say goodbye - we have a buyer for my Father-in-laws beloved BX :lol:

Its a nice story too ................ about 4 years ago, my Father in Law was in Brighton/Lewes, and when he got back to the car, there was a note on his windscreen - it read ' If you are interested in selling this car now or in the future, please contact me' and a mobile number. I clearly remember my father in law telling us the story of the note. When we picked up the car a few weeks ago, we found the note in the glove box - we could hardly believe it! We got in touch with a very surprised gentleman. He finally got up to see the car today, and bought it - sadly, we didnt get near the heady heights of £1000, BUT we are really pleased - it feels like the car has gone where it should have!

I thought you would all like to know about our happy, if not financially successful end to this story!!

Thank you for helping me, and for your advice and support!

Becks x
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Backs, that's great news and it sounds like it's found a good home. Congrats on the sale, nice one.
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Great! I live in Lewes - if I see it around I'll make sure to post in BX spotting ;) The new owner might even see the sticker in mine and show up here...
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

That's really good news - saved!
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...