TD Water pump and coolant liquid?

BX Tech talk
TB2
BXpert

Post by TB2 »

I got the pump off ebay and I didn't have the time to send it back and wait for the correct one to arrive. Of course I had to cut the plastic cover a wee bit but now it fits. If I ever go to the scrapyards I might get new covers for the next pump which will hopefully be the right one, but for now there's no harm done using this one...
Carl

1989 TRD "Entreprise" Turbo Diesel
1989 16 Valve
---
Parts needed:
- One black leather headrest.
- FDV overhaul kit (95.669.034)
Please contact me through PN if you have any of this.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Way2go wrote:
jeremy wrote:No dipstick on a TD COOLING system.
Never seen one of the pictured radiator 'dipsticks' in any of my GTi Petrols either. Suspect it must relate to Mk1 radiators. :?
Dear TB2,

I don't see a 'coolant dipstick' in the diagram :?

If you're referring to the thing in the centre of the diagram, then yes that is the oil dipstick, with the breather hose running off towards the airbox. Nothing to do with the cooling system. Note that the coolant hoses are drawn with thick black shaded lines. The dipstick is only on the diagram for reference as it represents an aerial view of the engine bay with the rad at the front and the heater matrix at the back.

Regards,

Mark.
TB2
BXpert

Post by TB2 »

Hi mark,

it's not an issue anymore. I never thought that the oil dipstick would be used to measure how much coolant was in the system. I was just being paranoid because I hadn't heard the engine for a long time and was very skeptical about it's sound etc.

Everything is fine, I think. The thing confusing me were those two pipes, one going from the oil filler tube to the intercooler, and then from there one going to the air filter on the right. Both pipes are on the diagram from the cooling system, as is the oil dipstick and filler tube. That really confused me, and I don't know what these pipes are good for, I mean the ones on the picture...

Thanks for the input,
Carl
Carl

1989 TRD "Entreprise" Turbo Diesel
1989 16 Valve
---
Parts needed:
- One black leather headrest.
- FDV overhaul kit (95.669.034)
Please contact me through PN if you have any of this.