BX 19GTi - needs a new home

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

Well the GTI has been collected and like all good Citroens immediately dumped all its LHM fluid.
No problem though, I hope, as I found a split near the resevoir and sorted it so hopefully all ok now in that area--Gyp had left me a good supply of fresh LHM in the boot as well, ta muchly.
So the inspection will begin and decisions made.
Here endeth this tale of sale.
Cheers,
Roy.
roy.hassell
BXpert

BX19 GTi for sale by Gyp and bought by Roy.

Post by roy.hassell »

Thought I would have a re-read of the forty odd postings concerning this transaction.
I hope you all find it as interesting as I did as a refresher.
How many of you verbally spoke to Gyp about his car, no I do not mean forum postings, I mean the spoken word !
I only ask this as Gyp was quite open with me as we discussed the purchase, and,
1) Stated he only joined the forum as a medium to get rid of his car.
2) Didn't really give a personal carrot as to what happened to it following its sale.
3) Probably would not use the forum again.

You even saw fit to criticise Gyp's postings at the time !

In fact in my last posting on the subject I believe I said, "Inspection begins and decisions to be made. "
So does that make me so bad as some of you seem intent on making out.
And what makes it wrong for me to quote my own words verbaetum from earlier postings yet so right for others to do the same thing ?
Does that give you the right to slag me off, if you think so, do carry on, it no longer bothers me.
Whilst it is obvious for all to see that this car will not be back on the road as a complete unit at least parts of it already live on in other BX's.
The rear parcel shelf is in the West Midlands, a seat belt in East Sussex, the seats, carpets and headrests to one guy in Bristol, which incidentally I spent the best part of a day showing him how to do it, the HP pump to another guy in Bristol, a guy in Exeter wanted the rear spoiler before he found out how much, as a genuine senior citizen, his local paint shop were going to rip him off to respray it, I could go on but whats the point.
Mountainman, don't worry, your bits with Kitch are not out of this car so you can use them with a clear conscience. All the internal plastic bits are already being held for another party.
As regards the now infamous body panels, when I try to sell them one way that is different that is wrong, when I withdraw them from sale, that too is wrong. At least I am being transparent about them, but I guess that is wrong as well.
So in closing, may I say, which no doubt will irritate my detractors to hell and provoke yet another tirade of abuse on the forum, that a final list of BX Bits for Sale will be made available upon request with a posting under the section headed ' FOR SALE/WANTED ' as I believe that is the correct usage of a section with that heading, FOR SALE means just that !!
M

Re: BX19 GTi for sale by Gyp and bought by Roy.

Post by M »

roy.hassell wrote: Does that give you the right to slag me off, if you think so, do carry on, it no longer bothers me.
Whilst it is obvious for all to see that this car will not be back on the road as a complete unit at least parts of it already live on in other BX's.
Nope, no one has teh right to slag anyone else off at all - even over my truly awful keyboard skillorz and spelling. There are always going to be hardcore enthiusiats who dont want to see a car broken up especially sporty or rare models - myself I have a thing for "poverty spec" cars.

But at the end of the day its yours to do as you will, if its beyond economical repair and you want to break it - at least bits of it are helping other cars stay on the road. To be honest if it wasnt beyond economical repair you can do waht you want with it anyway!

Roy, Im truly sorry that you feel aggrieved that certain members of the forum have given you a hard time over your breaking of the car. Its not in the spirit of the club to slag people off - I do think however that people can and should be free to express their points of view.
Some may choose to give things away for free and thats entirely their call, whilst some will understandably try to recoup their losses. Those that have dealt with you seem to speak highly of the time, effort and extras that you have given them - thats more than in the spirit of the club IMHO.

Advertise the bits as you see fit. :) At least it will keep other cars running. But do also take advice over things like the engine, loom and gearbox which may be more saleable to the Pug 205 crowd than to the forum members here.
Gyp

Post by Gyp »

roy.hassell wrote: I only ask this as Gyp was quite open with me as we discussed the purchase, and,
1) Stated he only joined the forum as a medium to get rid of his car.
2) Didn't really give a personal carrot as to what happened to it following its sale.
3) Probably would not use the forum again.
By strange coincidence I logged in tonight to see how the restoration was going.

It's rather disappointing to see it broken up for bits, but whether I like it or not, what you did with it after you bought it is your business. You could have attacked it with a hammer or set light to it if you wanted.

When it comes down to it no-one else offered to buy it, so the other option for me would have been the scrapper and I'd rather the bits went to improve other BXs rather than it going into the crusher
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

M wrote:
roy.hassell wrote: Does that give you the right to slag me off, if you think so, do carry on, it no longer bothers me.
Nope, no one has teh right to slag anyone else off at all - even over my truly awful keyboard skillorz and spelling. There are always going to be hardcore enthiusiats who dont want to see a car broken up especially sporty or rare models - myself I have a thing for "poverty spec" cars.

But at the end of the day its yours to do as you will, if its beyond economical repair and you want to break it - at least bits of it are helping other cars stay on the road. To be honest if it wasnt beyond economical repair you can do waht you want with it anyway!

Roy, Im truly sorry that you feel aggrieved that certain members of the forum have given you a hard time over your breaking of the car. Its not in the spirit of the club to slag people off - I do think however that people can and should be free to express their points of view.
Some may choose to give things away for free and thats entirely their call, whilst some will understandably try to recoup their losses. Those that have dealt with you seem to speak highly of the time, effort and extras that you have given them - thats more than in the spirit of the club IMHO.

Advertise the bits as you see fit. :) At least it will keep other cars running. But do also take advice over things like the engine, loom and gearbox which may be more saleable to the Pug 205 crowd than to the forum members here.
Fair point(s) Marty but was it 'slagging off' and was it the witch hunt it was seemingly made out to be? I think it's been overplayed to be honest and I didn't notice anyone going overboard. It won't count for anything but I neither bear a grudge against nor dislike Roy and I honestly don't think anyone else does either. It was said that the parts were his to sell as he saw fit but that his sales 'technique' probably could have been better and it wasn't 'personal' or 'slagging off'.
Let's be honest here though, saying he was going to skip parts that didn't sell isn't likely to win anyone many friends on any forum is it?
Time to take stock I reckon: no-one's died over this and are not likely to. It's teh internetz, not everyone can get on together all the time but is it the end of the world? I don't think so.
Roy, take a chill pill fella, it's not real life and nobody is perfect. Well, except me of course and even I've been known to have been wrong before!
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

Im not taking sides here Billy / Roy (and deffo my comments were not aimed at any one individual at all) - merely trying to act as happy medium (or in my case happy XXL) and calm the waters.

If Roy has some bits he wants to part out, it would be nice if he could offer them to the club rather than take them down the scrappy. Someone did post a comment about haggling and thats a good point too.

Like I said though - everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Last edited by M on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Alexei Sayle=comedy genius.
Roy, have you considered advertising what doesn't sell on eBay? Some parts will fetch a decent return as not many scrappies carry BX parts or complete cars nowadays.
Vauxhall apologist.