BX DTR Turbo Diesel for sale - in need of loving home

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
vickyscot

Post by vickyscot »

Still for sale......will try to work out what bit I need to photograph from that previous email!

Anybody???

Hopefully, vic
M

Post by M »

The three prime places of rot on a BX

Inside wings (pop the bonnet and its the bits near where the green spheres live - along there)

Inside rear door shuts ( the bit near the back wheels which is covered up by the rear doors when they are closed)

Inside the front doors where the hinges are.

Not totally exclusive places of rot on a BX, but if they are going to go this be the place that they will go first.

I wonder if you would get more interest on eBay? Most of us already have our quota of BX's about the place, whereas a decent priced diesel workhorse will be worth good money to someone.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I see you've listed this on Autotrader? or somewhere.

You could try "Classified freeads" or adtrader or one of the many free to advertise sites.

I'm sure it's worth the asking price, just the wrong colour and too far away for me. :(
They think it's all over, it is now!
vickyscot

Post by vickyscot »

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Right, I'm off armed with digital camera to photograph potential rust places, and had planned to get it on Ebay today also...... :)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Vicky, being in the trade If it were me I would get the car thoroughly cleaned and polished inside and out , PLUS I noticed that the wheeltrims are missing and maybe a set of el cheapos from wilkos etc for £10 will brighten it up and definatly help the sale along even on a cheap car like yours.

Good luck.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
vickyscot

Post by vickyscot »

Thanks for all your tips, folks. I'm pleased (and of course a little sad) to say I sold the Citroen BX yesterday :) :(

Hope some of you are going on the BXagon challenge, it's a great idea and sounds like lots of fun (my mother-in-law was starting to like the idea of keeping the car and doing the rally!)

Vicky
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Good that you sold the BX. Anyone we know? And I trust you mentioned the BX Club? As for the BXagon, thanks for the comments. There is still time to find a tidy BX in time for it (you can always sell it afterwards!) :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Ah...

Yesterday Lucy spotted a BX estate for sale at the side of the road in Westfield, near Woking. Naturally after work I drove by to check it out... And it looked very similar to the one on this thread. Now I've seen the photos and it is definitely the same car. But I also see it 's only recently been sold :?

Mark.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

You've got Lucy well trained there, Mark. Actually giving you details of a BX for sale!

Mine wouldn't dare...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad