Possible Change of Circumstance.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Roverman wrote:Anyway getting back on track for once does someone want to buy the GT?
A touch difficult to decide if you want to buy something if no price has been mentioned.

... or maybe it's for sale at the same price you bought it?
this might be a signature
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

DavidRutherford wrote: A touch difficult to decide if you want to buy something if no price has been mentioned...
Over to you Tim :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Last I read you were going to leave it till 2009! I'm confused!!!
Tim I think the onus is on you to name your price, otherwise just waiting and hoping that somone is going to offer what you want, when you want is just tentative and long winded. Cut to the chase my man!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If raising money is the game, agreed selling the GT isn't going to sort the issue. They're worth sweet FA to most people as the majority of BX ownership is (for some odd reason I can't work out!) diesel based.
If you want to shift some stock to make the room and save the rent, then get rid of that 16 blue one. The GT is a fine car, (black exhaust aside!) and the valver is the best investment of any BX going right now. I also know you've some history with the car, and we do all get a bit attatched from time to time.
The 16....well it might be blue, but so's the sky. It's nothing special and space is money etc etc.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Kitch wrote:If raising money is the game, agreed selling the GT isn't going to sort the issue. They're worth sweet FA to most people as the majority of BX ownership is (for some odd reason I can't work out!) diesel based, and the GT remains something that most people will say how nice they are in a thread, and never actually splash the cash. I actually believe a well-sorted GT is the nicest BX to drive full stop.

If you want to shift some stock to make the room and save the rent, then get rid of that 16 blue one. The GT is a fine car, (black exhaust aside!) and the valver is the best investment of any BX going right now. I also know you've some history with the car, and we do all get a bit attatched from time to time.
The 16....well it might be blue, but so's the sky. It's nothing special and space is money etc etc.

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

F**k' sake I thought that was the edit button....I now remember we don't have one! (thought I should explain the GT being worth nothing a bit more!)

BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Well I'd agree the blue 16 is less special/rare than the GT, but I wouldn't like to guess which is worth more :?
See, Charlie keeps suggesting I sell the Morris, but I don't want to. It's been in the family since 1986 and I've always liked it, but as a Morris it's not a special or rare one. I'd hate to see it go.
It's wallet vs heart I guess!
1990 BX TGD White
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

You'd be better off ditching the valver or the TZD mate. The Xantia's a daily hack, right? The TZD can't be a weekend fun car can it? The valver....wel they are ledge obviously!

Mind you the Morris may be worth more. Hmmm, I see your conundrum! :lol:

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BX Bandit wrote:Last I read you were going to leave it till 2009! I'm confused!!!
Tim I think the onus is on you to name your price, otherwise just waiting and hoping that somone is going to offer what you want, when you want is just tentative and long winded. Cut to the chase my man!
Exactly what I was trying to say sir. Tim, when I see adverts for cars that 'might' be for sale and/or no price is included I always think that the seller is just holding out for that massive offer of silly money, or that one person who'll pay a very good whack and drive it once a year to a show or something and I know I'm not alone.
I don't say this is the case with your car but seriously, if you really want to sell it name a price and say whether it is for sale or not as people will quite likely not take the advert seriously. Your car, your call but it's for sale or it's not and no price won't help anyone.
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Kitch wrote:You'd be better off ditching the valver or the TZD mate. The Xantia's a daily hack, right? The TZD can't be a weekend fun car can it? The valver....wel they are ledge obviously!

The Xanty is Mrs Bandit daily hack mate. Does what it says on the tin and does it well.
The TZD is my (permanent) daily hack!
The 16V is going to undergo a thorough refurb.
Triumph - for keeps
Morris - good fun, 45mpg, tax free! What more would you want???

Anyway, I'm not selling anything yet - it's just Charlie and his mysterious words from fairy tales and wizards.

Sorry Tim, thread Hi-jack > over to you!
1990 BX TGD White
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

BX Bandit wrote:
Kitch wrote:You'd be better off ditching the valver or the TZD mate. The Xantia's a daily hack, right? The TZD can't be a weekend fun car can it? The valver....wel they are ledge obviously!

The Xanty is Mrs Bandit daily hack mate. Does what it says on the tin and does it well.
The TZD is my (permanent) daily hack!
The 16V is going to undergo a thorough refurb.
Triumph - for keeps
Morris - good fun, 45mpg, tax free! What more would you want???

Anyway, I'm not selling anything yet - it's just Charlie and his mysterious words from fairy tales and wizards.

Sorry Tim, thread Hi-jack > over to you!
Fair do's.....but who's Charlie??!

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive asked around and there seems to be little interest at the moment, as for giving the car away, as I'm trying to cut my outgoings and raise cash that wouldnt be practical nor realistic.

The 16TRS is worth nowt, we all know that, even with super low miles and being mint. as its taxed and insured for now and I dont mind if its sits outside then it will stay there, the 16v Ive spent FAR too much on already to sell it on for peanuts.

I will try and economise in other directios, but as I dont drink or smoke god knows! Lets hope the landlord will be flexible come march when the lease is up for renewal, if not then Im sure theres plenty of people out there that is.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Let's hope you can sort something out and your BXs survive. Merry Christmas, Tim.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Dickieg wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:There you go Dickie G, you may quote, feel appeased and be joyous.
Good lord you're really not well are you
docchevron1472 wrote:BTW, I'm a tad pissed!
Ah, that explains it, normal service to be resumed in the morning :lol:
Apart from being grumpy about almost everything these days I'm actually in pretty good health mate! Apart from the lungs, but I smoke alot and inhale all sorts of toxic crap on a regular basis so er.....meh.

I'm also a good deal less pissed tonight and I stand by everything I said!

Hell, I even read your colomn with interest! It's actually rather good!

You must remember an awful lot of what I say / type is very tongue in cheek.
Although I will never own a Xantia! Unless it's a RHD Activa with a V6...
Tim wrote:I will try and economise in other directios, but as I dont drink or smoke god knows! Lets hope the landlord will be flexible come march when the lease is up for renewal, if not then Im sure theres plenty of people out there that is.
Bear in mind that with the global downturn rents have been going down aswell. Even in Bristol things have been getting a fair bit cheaper as Landlords are struggling to find tenants. If you dont miss payments and the landlord is happy with you then I'd say you're in good position to barter. After all, a reduced rent from you is better than an empty house earning no income at all...
Kitchski wrote:Fair do's.....but who's Charlie??!
He's a member here, and is a fellow bus driving dude. All round top bloke!

Bandit, you cant sell the Moggy. I've driven a fair few now, and even the shittest of them still put a huge grin on my face, they're bloody brill fun. Money is not a thought process to be applied to a Moggy. They're special cars, every last one of them. They were built with a soul and that dont happen anymore.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

He's right again you know. Anyhow you can't sell it because mine's up for grabs and I don't want the competition :D

Tim, appreciate what you say but surely if you do want to sell the car then even giving it away or letting it go cheap to the right home makes sense because you're paying storage for it which seems to be dead money?
I'm going to sell my truck and my Morris 1000 soon for the same reasons. They rarely get used and both take up valuable storage space, plus the cost of keeping the truck where it is is an expense I can do without.
Vauxhall apologist.