Wanted:cylinder head for or buyer of BX16v,1992 Reg BXi19.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

From Citroen they're some ridiculous price indeed.
Oddly, the same valve is cheaper from Pug!
Cheaper still from a friendly machine shop!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Wow. Many thanks Kitch and Docchevron.

Post by peterwight »

Do I deserve your kind attention? Probably not, but I shall follow up all that you advise, and report back. So far I can add my own quote for valves. I've been told £15 each. I'll keep you posted and welcome further comment from members. Thanks.
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
M

Post by M »

peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Item found and bought on ebay: Mi16 cylinder head, recon.

Post by peterwight »

So my car will come back from the dead! Thanks to all who have advised on this; clearly I had a blinkered view of options and you've motivated me to shed the blinkers. And I've been very lucky with Ebay, exactly the right recon head from an Mi16 engine. How long before I ruin this one!
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

great news, welcome back to bx'ing and welcome to the forum!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....