Backend wont rise

BX Tech talk
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Geoff, did a couple of checks an basically just a bit of weeping and a spurt when the brake was applied.

To be honest I cant say if thats conclusive or described correct until I do the same with the other BX for comparison!

Over on Aussie frogs someone pointed a possible Rear HC sticking, well somehow I feel that more likely at this (easier to sort) considering all the work done on the Hydraulics of late and contaminated fluid spotted possibility of a sludge build up in the HC.

Why? because the back end dont sink for hours after the engine been turned off! Which now I think about it explains the spongey brakes on the other BX :?

I get what your meaning about Brake Failure last think I want is attendance from the local Fire Brigade of which I am a member :shock:

Book marked this thread let you know the result.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi kiwi well err umm sort of yes I was heading in the direction of the height corrector and or linkage but unless I have read things wrong, which is more than possible, I went straight back to the doseur when you said that the red light and back end started being silly when you applied the brakes. I fully apologise if I have miss read it.
Crud in the system is not good news anyway.
Best wishes.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
kevlights
Confirmed BX'er

rear end slump

Post by kevlights »

in my case i found that the slightest bit of work on the cars hydrolic system would result in the dreaded"rear in slump"looked like the car was taking a dump, missus sead it looked rude !was so self concious about it used to park the car and lower it to the bottom hieght selector setting just to save embarrasment !
i emptyed out the hydrolic tank cleaned all the filters with carb spray cleaner, swabbed out the bottom of the tank,and put new LM oil in ;dont forget to take out the plastic disc in the bottom of the tank" a deflector disc "about the size of a saucer,flexable white plastic and clean that to; if you must reuse the old oil, filter through the old style coffee filters,they work a treat,reassemble cleaning everthing,;problem solved yippie!!
then i had to do it all over again 3 months later ! when i replaced the front brake pads,must of dislodged a bit of dirty oil into the system; bugger!1
sold the BX to buy ZX disaster! sold to get Fiat Croma nice car but gutless,sold to get Peugeot 505;sold that 505 to purchase another BX ,at least I know about them! 1989 BX 19GTi AutoPetrol
just a little bit insane and slightly Euro potty
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Nothing personal mate but your telling me how to suck eggs in what you wrote. I never have reused LHM ever!

Anyways after couple chats various people about the particles had a look at the filters and as mentioned elsewhere pays to check they are firmly in place. Scrubbed up well with a petroleum flush :lol: As for the complete flushing well thats on hold for now. You ever tried cleaning with petrol when the air temperature is above the vapour point of petrol?

Amazingly the benefit of the hot weather is the other BX starts first time, she can be a bitch from cold. :lol:

btw what is it with resident kiwis they cant spell Hydraulic and spell it as hydrolic?
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91