BX's FOR SALE and INDIVIDUAL PARTS (garage clearout)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If you still have the DTR turbo in the summer time I may be in touch! Any pictures?
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Sorry Roverman,

I have no time to do photos as I need to shift the DTR BX probably by next weekend and as its stored @ my lady friends garage I would have to go up to her place especially to get it out of the garage (Remember the heads off the engine so its a case of towing it out).

I also have my Motorbike stored at the front of the BX and as its not a particularly nice area to live at (Drug user and the likes of) so if any low life vermin saw my bike I could put a bet on with Ladbrookes that the garage would be broken into overnight and the Motorbike would vanish even though it is chained to the front of the BX's towing eye !

So as part of the move around I have got to make space for my Motorbike in my garage first and go up to hers with my trailer and load up my Motor bike immediately up on lifting the garage door as its in a block of garages which is in a secluded area and not on a private home/drive

Also I could have told you all this plus a lot more about the reasons for the need of the disposal (I have sent you two PM's requesting you to call me or for you to PM me with your Land line tel. number but as of yet I'm still waiting) !

Thank you.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Sorry forgot to mention in the last post, that when the DTR moves next time it will meet its maker (the local scrapyard) unless someone saves it from that fate !

Cheers
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Apologies for not getting in touch but have been working all week, wil try and get over one evening this week to chat.
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: BX's FOR SALE and INDIVIDUAL PARTS (garage clearout)

Post by RxBX »

Another ^^bx> item to list,
For those of you which only may have 3 rd party insurance with no windscreen cover and need a replacement.
I have a CLEAR laminated windscreen (Used but in superb condition i.e. NO water contamination between glass on corners or chips) its off the car just ready for collection.
This item is definitely a no posting or courier firm !
I know of a small local firm that fits new and good secondhand screens that will do this. I think they used charge approx. £25 -£30 for this service (I'd have to check to be sure) I could arrange for them to fit it or get there contact details for you so you can arrange your self if preferred and I could meet you there with the screen and then let them take over with the removal/refit.

Please PM me if I can be of help !

Thanks. ^^ ^^
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Re: BX's FOR SALE and INDIVIDUAL PARTS (garage clearout)

Post by peterwight »

Hi. Have you the winding gear for an electric window? On my off side front window a bit has rusted and dropped off. I refer to the metal channel which was attached to the rubber channel in which sits the pane. (the motor pushes a runner along the metal channel to cause the window to rise and fall)
So...I need either the above-mentioned channel kit, or if gripping too well to remove, the window itself. Can you help? Regards, Peter
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.