17TD engine wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Sounds like good value for the trailer, and the car is in Shropshire so that sort of neck of the woods... I have to say though, the temp insurance does seem to be the better option at the moment though, I'm just concerned about the Post Office refusing to tax it on a temporary policy. It won't come off immediately anyway though, the plan relies on the guy who is interested in my GSA taking it away; there is no space for any more wrecks at my parents otherwise :-/ It's a shame, because it's the sound (but sheddy) 306 that I had a bit ago, and even replaced the radiator and heater matrix on, and it doesn't really deserve breaking, but it's free and I'd much rather have the BX online. The engine was healthy too, despite having been only serviced when it was lucky with the previous owner, and IIRC about 230 000 miles. Knowing my luck it will throw its toys straight out of the pram once installed in the BX...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I've taxed a car that was a temporary addition to an existing policy, with a cover note valid for 2 weeks. I was worried for the same reason but the lady in the post office said there wasn't a problem. She'd even given a tax disc to someone whose insurance ran out that day, as there was no reason not to sell it to him...of course it may not stop a jobsworth being awkward!

If this guy wants to buy a 205 as well I will drop it off and pick up your 306!!! (I wish!) Or is it worth delivering the GSA to him on a trailer, and asking for a bit of cash from him to save him the trouble of coming to Liverpool?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Well, logistics are complicated by the fact that both the GSA and the BX are at my parents in Durham, I don't *think* the potential buyer lives anywhere near Shropshire, but even if he did, there could be the thorny issue of the possibility of him not liking my GSA (although I have described it to the best of my abilities) and being left stuck with the 306 *and* the GSA, although I dare say I could swiftly pull the engine out of the 306 and junk the rest... At least I do know the 306 pretty well, and am pretty comfortable that it would be up to the journey.

Cheers,
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Ahhh, sorry. I had misunderstood that it was the same guy who was getting rid of the 306 and wanting your GSA... #-o And not remembered that they would have to go to Durham.

Oh well, if you do use a trailer remember to tie the car down - don't want it a repeat of the greenhouse incident! :lol:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I certainly shall; the greenhouse did not die in vain :wink: