bx td tzd hurricane 1796cc for sale still got tax and mot.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
stavy

Post by stavy »

please only enquire about the bx if you are intrested, :!: as i keep sending pic and email, then people let me down. so please only mail me or call me if you want to veiw the bx as all of the details and pic's of the car are on this posting. sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. i would love the car to go to a bx lover, who would car for the car. kindest regards lynn :?

Kitch wrote:I painted mine.

Phil: I don't wanna be cool. I want to go fast and get staff discount on spares at work :lol:

And have airbags, side impact beams, more modern crumple zones etc etc....

But if I were to buy a BX TD, which I wouldn't, I'd buy one of these bad boys.

That interior fabric was only used in the Hurricane and......the early Xantia VSX (depending on exterior colour). Eh? Liking the analness? :lol:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Oh no, have you had people actually emailing with interest and then not showing? :(
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
stavy

Post by stavy »

:roll: oh yes some not very nice people around, i am a genuine seller, i do not do this for a living, i just wanted the bx to go to a special home, as that's where it has been for the last 7 years with my dad. think i am going to put it on ebay at the weekend.
does anyone think i have not written enough about the bx or not enough pics ??? :x

Kitch wrote:Oh no, have you had people actually emailing with interest and then not showing? :(
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I think the only way you could improve the ad is if you knew lots about BX's, in fairness.

There are certain things to look out for with them. Pictures of known trouble areas and detailed write up's on the mechanical side would be a bonus. Plus, try and really polish the car with Autoglym or something decent, and catch it on camera in the sunlight. Amazing what a good picture can do....they say a pic speaks a thousand words, and they don't lie.

Hurricanes are little more prone to rot than most BX's. The reason why is not known for sure, but it's thought to be because they're actually shells destined for 16v engined and they sat around for a long time as 16v sale's didn't exactly break records!
If this is a rot free Hurricane, then someone would be mad not to snap it up! And seeing as it's clearly been owned by someone who did what they could with it and cherished it, it'd be a real shame if it went to anything other than a nice, enthusiastic home.

Maybe if one of our members is local to you, they'd offer to pop over and help with the pics and advert? Sticking it in classic car weekly magazine etc might be an idea, as it's getting a bit retro to drive a BX now, and this is one of the best daily drivers they built.
It's also fairly rare too.

You might get luck on ebay, as alot of enthusiasts use it to search out the cars they really want, like Tourist just did with his TXD Turbo. I once put my 16v on there and had 83 watchers after 3 days, but I bottled it after thinking about it and pulled it. But the power of advertising shouldn't be underestimated!
On the other hand, undersell a car on there and it goes for pittance and generally gets used, abused and trashed. to sell a car on ebay requires a very detailed, well written ad with lots of detailed pics. Otherwise it's never usally a happy ending in my experience.

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I reckon there's enough information there, to at least warrant a viewing.

I reckon there's the simple fact that no-one's really got much cash to spare at the moment and eBay, it has to be said might be necessary. But bear in mind there are BX enthusiasts out there who aren't members of this club!

I do hope someone buys it and then joins the club if they aren't either aware or members of it...

Best of luck with the sale.

(Dare I say the price might be putting some off? - nothing personal! Just a thought...)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

In this fiscal climate I guess the price is a bit high, but equally Tourist dude seems to have spent way more on what he is describing as a pup, whereas this is a rare car, in the best colour and has clearly been cared for, so in absolute reality I wouldn't say it's overpriced, it's just a shame in current conditions it is deemed alot..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

There is always the lack of cash!

Although I personally think £500 is a fair price to ask for, provided no additional faults are found.

stavy

Post by stavy »

thanks kitch, the car just must go, i have 2 other cars, and the insurance runs out friday, so would love it to go to a fab home this weekend. i am open to offers, but please dont take the piss. car must go. thanks lynn :cry: .so come on get your offers in, please dont email me with how much, just offer and come and veiw... :o call me anytime before 10pm 07915393252.. lynn.

Kitch wrote:There is always the lack of cash!

Although I personally think £500 is a fair price to ask for, provided no additional faults are found.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

I'm suprised nobody has bought this yet, if we hadn't bought our Hurricane in December we'd be biting your hand off for it!

I hope it does go to a good home.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hurricane wrote:I'm suprised nobody has bought this yet...

....I hope it does go to a good home.
What he says. Here's hoping [-o<
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'd love it as I've never managed to own one of these, but like many others, now is not a good time. :(
They think it's all over, it is now!
stavy

Post by stavy »

thanks for all of your notes. the car must go i have checked with my dads old recordes and the bx has had a cambelt change 88,000miles and then again at 121,000 miles new back box my dad was fussy about cambelts. offers over £300 thanks lynni do have the owners book and other book belonging to the car. hope this helps. i just want a bx fan to have it and look after it :roll:

ken newbold wrote:I'd love it as I've never managed to own one of these, but like many others, now is not a good time. :(
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

What's the insurance group on the Hurricane? I could never afford.
stavy

Post by stavy »

would not have a clue sorry, my daughter is 18 and i will not even get her a quote. as i would passout i think. and too much engine. its really quick. no i dont want to hear from anyone to hear it is not coz it is, well this 1 is, but then it has been very well looked after, and i should know i have a porsch 911, an old A plate just totaly re vamp. so 2 many cars.

Tourist wrote:What's the insurance group on the Hurricane? I could never afford.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

If I could afford I would definitely be interested in your car but being the age I am, it's not an option. Best of luck, hope you find a good home for it.