Tubilar manifold

BX Tech talk
charlotte001

Tubilar manifold

Post by charlotte001 »

anyone put a tubilar manifold on the BX? where can I get one
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I assume you mean a diesel??? (The 16V has quite a nice looking one as standard!)

What are you hoping to gain from a tubular manifold? By itself I wouldn't imagine it would have much effect - you need to work on each aspect of the head to get the most efficient flow.

IMHO the gains you would get from tuning a naturally aspirated diesel would be pretty poor compared to those from a turbo diesel
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: Tubilar manifold

Post by DavidRutherford »

charlotte001 wrote:anyone put a tubilar manifold on the BX? where can I get one
Yes. I've put one in the boot before now. It made about as much difference as putting it on the engine. Mind you, it was a water manifold, and it wasn't for a BX engine.

If you want one you can get one from the tubilar (sic) mainfold shop. I believe it's next door to the rear brake caliper shop, and the torx screwdriver shop. All of these can be found on pointless road.
this might be a signature
CaM
BXpert

Post by CaM »

alledgedly the 16v breathes better with a nice set of headers on them. 8v petrol make less power, and not sure about diesel. seems pointless though.
on the 8v petrol engines I reckon ditching the AFM for carbs or map style injection would herald a better result as flap style afm's are quite restrictive. still flogging a dead horse really. In the bx's and such I prefer the 8v engine over the 16v for it's midrange torque. jsut seems to pull better than the valver.
need experience of the t/diesel engines :(

edit: the turbo diesel engines run a garret t2 turbo or similar don't they?
would be interesting to (i believe they use the same flange) strap a t3 or similar on there

t3/t4 hybrid would be fun. or a t28 roller-bearing turbo off a nissan pulsar/sunny GTiR.. would ned to toy around with turbine trim though, and of course fuel pump pressures etc.
BXrunner

eer what

Post by BXrunner »

you mean Tubular manifold ? guess you mean exhaust or the otherone

get a welder, farmer boys got plenty out there in norfolk