HELP!! Advice needed.

Anything about BXs
david troughton
Confirmed BX'er

HELP!! Advice needed.

Post by david troughton »

I have to let my 16TGS Meteor go.
It is currently SORNed as it has a large leak from the front height corrector. It has no MOT. It also has a tendency to tick over really fast sporadically. I have changed the original carb from solex to weber and then the weber too a brand new weber to no avail. There is a a water leak somewhere under the carb (inlet manifold?)> I have been told that air ingress can mess with the running of the carb, i'm thinking that if water is getting out maybe air is getting in.
The car has not been welded anywhere. the paintwork needs looking at. the original decals have perished and have proved v difficult to remove- I've made a bit of a mess of it. It currently has 205 pepperpot alloys on it with virually new falken tyres. I have the original steel wheels. I have kept the previous 2 carbs. It would need to be trailered away. Do I spend the money ( I dont have time, expertise, space to work on it myself) on having it fixed and then sell it or sell it as it is?????
Im not happy about this but I have a C5 diesel estate which serves me well.
In my time I have owned : Ami 8 estate, Ami 6 (trafficlutcch), 3 x GS,one an X3!, GSA, CX series, 2 x CXDTR turbo2 safari. DS Safari, Bx Hurricane, Bx 19 diesel,17 diesel turbo. Loved them all !!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: HELP!! Advice needed.

Post by Tim Leech »

It does sound like an air leak for sure, I would get it done and sell it on, as its rather worthless sadly with the issues listed.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....