CXM Rally 2013

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: CXM Rally 2013

Post by docchevron »

From my time in the CCC the Semantics coloumn outings always seemed to be a weekend away at some place that for the same price you could have 3 weeks in Corsica...
Takes all sorts, I dont go to look at cars at all, I go to catch up with old friends I see only at these events, get drunk, find the odd intersting car part and make some new friends. The fact that a car show is taking place is almost irrelevent to me..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Understanding how generous the hosts at the pub were, I wasn't really going to say anything, but on reflection I think I'd have rather not have a cold buffet at the pub next year. For me and Phoebe that amounted to £30 and in all honesty rather than pork pie, chicken leg, potato salad and quiche - well, I thought we might be better off with a chilli con carne and baked jacket potato/pasta and roasted veg sauce/some choices for a salad bowl/chicken kiev and chips... nothing extravagant but considering we'd had sandwiches/crisps/cake for lunch there was only so much appetite for more cold food. On the practical side just about everything hot could be prepared in advance without too much inconvenience, I'm sure so pressure in the kitchen wouldn't be an issue.

I don't think it helped we were all a bit damp and chilly from the recent extended shower!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Charlotte
BXpert

Post by Charlotte »

I thought the meal last year at the Shoulder of Mutton was bloody good - why didn't they do that again?
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

should have popped over to the transport day at mk museum on Sunday,
250+ cars, 56 motorbikes/mopeds etc, commercials , buses , something for everyone
the 2cv boys loved it and are coming back next year. also had the Granada club, m.g owners club , cavalier club and the n.s.u. club (with about 30 quickly mopeds , 2 sport prinz and an ro8o with the wankel engine )
Oh and my wife and daughter ran the Barbie all day , so popular we had to go out for more sausages and burgers :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I may have to go to that next time :) Does sound good & potentially more fun than cxm.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

such a tease
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Communal catering is not easy with such a varied group. My feeling is the BXers would have been happy with a BBQ laid on by the site and bring, bung and burn your own. Perhaps the better heeled CCC do not go in for such messy affairs.
I found stepping away from laid on meals tends to ease the unloading of my wallet but if that's where the social activity is then you go with it. To pay, not be satisfied and find little interesting entertainment is a real bummer. Better off nipping of with a few new buddies and bonding properly at a nearby eatery. An investment to future fun.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The best part of the CXM was, of course, meeting up with friends old and new and having a jolly good chat (and a drink or two). But aside from that, the best part was driving to the train, going on the train and driving back from the train. I also enjoyed the drive from Essex to the Rally and back again.

Maybe, if I was being honest, the parked up in a field and camping bit were not all that for me.

Give me a road trip any day ;)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Sorry I didn't make CXM - I've been struggling to drag myself out to go anywhere the last few weeks, and it turns out something's been pushing my levels up - They've upped my meds so hopefully I'll be back to what passes for normal in a few days!

As for the national, while it wasn't perfect, for the money it was good (especially when Sandre managed to shame some more people into getting off their arses to help out!) I know of several sites round the country where you'd have a good parking / display area with nearer facilities, including food in some cases (Margam Country Park, Bath & West Showground, 3 Counties Showground, Beaulieu, Lincoln Showground) but all these are going to cost much, much more.

It would be too far for me to help organise, but I think York Racecourse may be available for similar money, so other racecourses may also be possibilities - I could check out Chepstow if you want!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Chepstow, good road run of going out of Wales over the bridge - free, sort of use the A38 and go round Gloucester and back in through F of D taking in Wye Valley and its offerings. Interesting day trip. Specially if you have not done it before.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars