Talking B____X

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Went to Edwards (a Citroen breakers near here), to pick up a replacement central locking control/relay for the ZX (now it turns out it's not that that's failed - think it's something to do with the alarm) and a replacement reversing light switch for the BX, and got talking to Mark, the guy who runs the place. transpires he's taking in a cat C write off Synergie. I was only mildly interested, (we are considering a Synergie for our holiday), but it seems it has been written off due to a dented sliding door. And Mark's got one to fit on it. The headlamps are damaged (from recovery he thinks) and there's precious little else wrong with it: it's a high spec model a 1998 TD VSX or SX, with air con and tidy interior etc. I'm actually tempted as he doesn't want that much for it... OK, it's a van but it'll do the job. Means the ZX or BX don't get worn out doing a three-weeker around France!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Is it me, or are indicators going out of fashion? And, what on Earth do some drivers think they are doing when they have to deal with a traffic roundabout? It brings me back to the point about Public Infromation Films. Why not bring them back? Some people sure need educating!

Anyway, been out a few times in the ZX recently. A nice little car, and I have to say rides well given it doesn't have hydropneumatic suspension of the BX. But then I went out in the 16v and it made me realise what a great ride the BX has. But how long before Citroen abandon it? As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) only the C5 and C6 have Hydractive suspension and I guess if the C5 fails (as it could) and the C6 flounders (as it is), the bosses at Avenue de la Grande Armée might well be persuaded to either abandon the executive/large car market in favour of SUVs or drop the Citroen USP: the suspension. Focus groups and analysts might well point out that IF the C4 had had a development of the Xantia suspension it wouldn't be the relative success it is...

Even more reason to keep the BX (and other hydropneumatic Cits) on the road!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The new C5 is conventionally sprung Phil unless its the top spec model, and saldy the C6 has turned out already to be a bit of a white elephant, people buying the usual mercs and bmw's instead.

Like the XM it will make them very affordable used but probably beyond the relms of the home mechanic.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Edited.

This was a news story that appalled me. Thing is, after due consideration I decided this wasn't the place to have a moan. No point depressing anyone!

More BX/Citroen/car stuff later on... :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Why not? You're not holding a gun against anyones head to read this, If you felt it was worth posting then it has a place here, one mans misery is another mans normality.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, Chris, in all honesty it was about a murder and a shocking one at that - but there's been so much coverage of other appalling crimes I sort of had second thoughts. After all I offer no solution (that's legal anyway) to halt the rise of the feral hoodie gangs. They kill now. A few years ago they spat or shouted... what to do, eh?

Here's a link: www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/mar/13/ukcrime
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

..that_
Surely the point of a blog is to say what you feel, if you have an opinion, be it legal, or even valid, then share it.

A mate of mine got kicked and stabbed by 7 hoody fu.. ah, words dont do them justice... and he died in hospital a few days later of a heart attack. It was his funeral today (well yesterday now). They all got caught, but because said mate died of a heart attack they aint being done for murder, so they'll all be out in a few years to do the same again.
I'd kill the lot of them. They are scum and deserve no place on this planet.
Anyway, shant take over your blog, just making the point that if you have something to say, however depressing you may feel it is, say it.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Yep. I agree. Sorry to hear about your mate. Sadly it is just another instance of justice not being seen to be done. I'm sure we'll return to this topic. When Terry gets his political forum set up I'm sure there'll be an initial burst of extreme ranting!

Anyway, back to motoring-related stuff:

Not much happening on the 16v front - replacing the spark plugs this w/e and fixing the new alternator belt squeak.... oh, and replacing the reversing light switch...

and on the ZX: it's booked in next week to have its remote central locking reinstated (it's something to do with the alarm/immobiliser set up, I'm sure), leak off pipes replaced and fuel filler pipe checked for leaks, and a genuine (unused!) PSA Volcane TD back box and tail pipe put on. I'll also be upgrading the headlight bulbs.

And, I get to see the Synergie TD. And decide if it's worth taking on.

Watch this space.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Just recently there have been several instances of, well to be frank, arse-like responses to posts which - as far as I can see, have been placed 'in the spirit' of fair exchange/advice. I would be the first to champion the right to 'free-speech' on this club forum, but there comes a point where sheer rudeness - ignoring maybe, that a reply has been made in a humourous and/or ironic way is just not on.

C'mon, let's all try to keep a level head (in the main) and at least give each other some respect.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I blame BX ownership, this causes the stress heads out there to go off on one, effing cars :lol:
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Phillip, can't wait until you get to GRX. love to know how you found her!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

MULLEY wrote:I blame BX ownership, this causes the stress heads out there to go off on one, effing cars :lol:
Everyone gets wound up and blows up at different hings on different days, whilst a forum isn't real time, if you're having a crap day it'll come out, sooner or later.
Surely it's better to vent and release the stress than let it build to a point where you explode/
At the end of the day, if things are said, words are exchanged and a bit of a fracas ensues, so long as it's then vented and everyone moves on it's not necessarily a bad thing.
Real life is no different.
I have some massive rows with morons in work, but once said row is done I forget about it. No point letting it fester, and then next time I have to deal with said morons I start afresh, no vindictiveness, life's too short.

You're always going to get a clash of personalities in any group, it's how it's taken that matters, if you take everything personally it'll stress you, if you let it go, then it wont.

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Terry wrote:Phillip, can't wait until you get to GRX. love to know how you found her!
Well, the person to talk about GRX with is Ken Newbold. He has a story to tell...
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

OK Ken, how about it?

Life story of GRX. She's a fine motor, dead proud of her and I love to know something of her history.

Make a great addition to Phillip's blog.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's been a funny old day. I seem to have got upset about one thing here, and equally, upset people about another thing there. Ultimately, I wouldn't want to 'censor' people - those who spend time and effort on contributing to this forum - because it's not up to me. And even if it was I'd consider that a drastic step, but equally, if someone were to raise something - as a quip or not - that bothered me, and I pointed it out, I wouldn't want to be pointed out as a draconian.

In absolute ALL honesty, I'd rather have freedom of expression than not!