Confessions of a Citroholic (BX-less)

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

The photo is staged really, we just pushed it over...

Ended up with 2 new tyres for the ZX last night, but they were BOGOF, so 2 Avons for £80 seemed not too bad to me.
I NEED a BX TD.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

I'm a bit rubbishy at this blogging lark aren't I?

Good news and bad news today:

Good: We're having a baby!! (Well, not me personally, since I am not adapted for that sort of thing :lol: ). Come december I shall have a Citroen apprentice in tow.

Bad:
1. Wifes Grandad died this morning - not unexpected, but still a bummer
2. Got a quote for replacing the chimney stack - £3k + VAT. It might just have to stay as it is. The replacement has been stacked up on the patio for 4 years so far - another will probably not harm it.

Not done much Citroen stuff - the ZX is due MOT soon, and I still haven't changed the drop links. I see the OSR brake is not working too well either - I suspect the pressure regultor is duff, as the handbarke seems to work OK.
I NEED a BX TD.
M

Post by M »

Dont worry about the blogging thing - mine is a bit pants at the moment on the grounds that bog all seems to be going on in my life.

Bad news about the grandfather (we are going through something similar with Jo's gran who is on her last elbows at the moment) but very good news indded about the upcoming little W. Kids are great (but I couldnt eat a whole one).

Could you not put in a cast iron flu instead and pipe it up outside through the wall? Obvioulsy your choice of fire is a bit more limited, but it would cost less than 3 grand...
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

i would get a few more quotes for that chimney there are a lot of builders out there starting to get desparate for work a conversation in the local hostalry the other night revealed that some tradespeople are working for half the daily rate of 6 months ago...