CITROEN BX 16V H552 HVS New Pictures...!!!!!!!!!!

Anything about BXs
Ascot Valver

CITROEN BX 16V H552 HVS New Pictures...!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ascot Valver »

:D :D

Dear All - pleased see some piccies of me ascot valver....maybe can spot an SM aswell....the one that ruined citroen in 75' against the one (BX) that saved them !!!!!!

well does'nt seem to be an attach icon here ??? how do you do it...........?[/list]
Foxtrot One !
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:? :? yeah still confused - img code///????? - my wife is a computer anorak and she is stumped on this one.....will try again just have to see it in the flesh sent you a load anyway on yr e-mail...S
Foxtrot One !
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

When I have a moment I'll help you out. I received the pics via e-mail: looks good.

Busy at the mo.

I noticed you've painted the cam cover and front rad cover red

UPDATE here are some of the pics:

8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Mickey's old motor looking as good as everI see!
Please, please please can you stick some more photos of the SM up Ascot? It looks amazing and I'd love to see more pictures if you don't mind.
Vauxhall apologist.
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Yes, me too :D

And all about it as well.. I love SMs
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

You want to get the right bonnet on that valver ascot!!! Love to hear & see more on the sm as citrojim and billy have asked!!!!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:D the right Bonnet looks boring with the Air Intakes visible, hence the re-decoration and the angled water screen jets sure Phil knows who did all this but would like to thank him - will post more SM shots on the forum aswell must say the 16v is going excellently being used every other day makes sense for these motors..thanks for comments on the SM
Foxtrot One !
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Oh no no no no no!!!!!! :shock: All a matter of personal choice I guess but I much prefer the shorter nosed bonnet. With the air intakes body coloured they look good, maybe with red against a silver body they stand out too much... :?: The owner before Phil was a chap called Micky (looks like Suggs he does) and was sure to look after the car and kept it looking awesomely shiney!!!!! Not sure if he did the bonnet and washer mods tho...
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:?
Not Micky "The Carving Knife" Dexter from the East End ??? wears a Sheepskin and dark glasses ?? seriously if you know his other name would like to get intouch aswell - ok cheers for that i like what he did to the Bonnet makes the car stand out from others but not TOO MUCH IN YOUR FACE kind of way, don;t you think ?? a suttle change - unlike some others with blue lights underneath the sills etc...etc..u may see burning around ASDA car parks late at night in a figure "8" with a load of Hoodies !!!! - anyway fear not - will look after it and will stick photos of the SM online too......
Foxtrot One !
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Looking forward to the pics of the SM 8)

I don't know who did the bonnet mod. I may have been a little harsh with Mickey when I first acquired the car ( heat of the moment and all) as it needed some expensive work, but it wasn't his fault I guess - and no-one was holding a gun to my head after all!!! It is a car with an astronomical number of owners but seems to have come out the other end looking well good. And it's good under the skin too.
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:( :( :( well sad to say if anyone wants to buy this motor let me know as recently been asked to work in M/East for 3 years and cannot take 2 motors with me just one which - well just has to be the SM...sods law i find a mint motor months of searching - if not will keep BM16v under wraps in a water tight and air tight bunker in North Wales that i know....will rust proof it BUT will not be driven regularly as is now so will not be good for the mechanics as i use both cars every weekend come rain or sine - ...who knows by then after c/crunch BXs will be worth millions more than the bloody banks anyway !!!!!....goes like a dream is worth 1,370.00 in my opinion recently services and new exhaust rest Phil knows about....if u don;t think then will keep it - just scared of it not being driven mind.......if is not sold - can be lent to a gentle owner for the BXogon challenge unless am in the UK myself.................Si
Foxtrot One !
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

[Jake Blues] Sell me your SM. Sell it to me! [/Jake Blues]

To understand that, you have to have seen the scene in the posh resteraunt in Blues Brothers.

TBH, in the current economic climate, I can't imagine any BX being worth over £1k, regardless of how good it is. I'd say you're best off buying a carcoon and leaving it in that garage.
this might be a signature
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

This car seems destined to have 20 owners at this rate! If I could afford to, I would buy it back as I always had a niggling idea that I really shouldn't have sold it in the first place! I guess you should take advice as how best to store it whilst keeping it drivable. And if any of our Wales resident members want to volunteer to do a monthly spin in it, then all the better. Don't sell it. You won't get enough for it at the moment besides!
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

If you want someone to look after it and drive it once a week, I'd be happy to volunteer, but I don't have a garage to keep it in.
1966 Triumph Herald convertible with big valve twin carb Spitfire head

1973 Bedford Panorama Elite II Bus

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

1992 Citroen AX Echo 1.4D