Can someone please confirm...

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Can someone please confirm...

Post by cavmad »

...what these are please? I reckon the light unit is for a Mk1 BX hatchback and the other thingy is the FDV? They came with my old estate and the previous owner says the pump thingy is in good working order.
An idea of value (both second hand but seem excellent) would also be greatly appreciated as I`m having a clear out of my garage and chucking things on eBay. Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/ ... g_0014.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/ ... g_0015.jpg
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

The first is a light cluster for a BX hatch, Mk1 and earlier Mk2 models. Worth £5-£10 if you clean it.

The second is a pump. Its value depends on whether it works :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thank`s Kitch, when you say pump is that the same thing as the flow distribution valve or something else (I know, I`m not mechanic of the year am I!) and if it is something else what exactly does it pump?
I have been assured it`s in full working order btw.
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I agree with Kitch - that the second photo is a hydraulic pump. There are at least 3 types - Diesel - all the same, 16 valve - exclusive, and at least one petrol driven off the auxillary belt at the cambelt end of the engine. This looks like a diesel one as I think all the auxillary belts are flat rather than V.

If you can interchange the pulley I think you're unique on this board. They just do NOT come off.

Next in the circuit on cars with PAS is the flow divider which feeds the PAS - then comes the regulator and so on. FDV's and regulators as far as I know are interchangeable amongst BX with the exception of the non PAS cars which have no FDV and a blanking plug in one of the regulator holes.

jeremy
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Measure the pulley diameter, if it's about 10cm it's a diesel one which to me that's what it looks like. Keep it as a spare. :wink:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks folks, I do recall the bloke who I got the car off (with this as a spare) telling me it was worth keeping hold of as they were difficult to find second hand and `worth a fortune`.
I`m just on a fund raising trip at the moment hence the posible need to sell it but if it doesn`t make a fair reserve then I`ll keep it.
Cheers gents,
Vauxhall apologist.