FRONT FOGS AND CHROME BITS

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

FRONT FOGS AND CHROME BITS

Post by Tim Leech »

Set of front fogs from a TZD/GTi 8v please complete with pastic mountings and some rear stainless steel bumper inserts from a TXD hatch, can collect.

Thanks
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Aahh. What are these for Tim? :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The TR/ZS phil, the set of chrom etrims that came the new bumper are about a foot short so must be for something else. Im making it a bit of a one off.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I have chrome. Don't think I can spare any though ... good luck finding some!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I'm sure my spare parts guru mr artic steel will come up with some, he normally magics everything I need out of nowhere.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Tim wrote
can collect
Feeling adventurous after your trip to Southampton? :D

Remy just tipped me off about a GTI that's come into one of the scrapyards just over the border in Colmar - still complete. Only 2000kms round trip for you next Sunday Tim!
I was meant to go with Remy to the French scrapyards last week but the snow was laying too thick hereabouts.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I recommend fitting the spot lamps from an AX Gt or PUG 309, and
wiring them as normal spots on high beam.

more useful then foglamps.

I may have some foglamps in the in the foglamp collection, I will have a look for you next time I am in the garage.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Mike, Todd, if they dont worth straight away its not imperative, just would like them as I think they look very cool 8)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

/\ don't you think that it would be even cooler to have a car that's rust free and sound under all the gloss and pretty features?
I'm polar opposite to you tim (nowt wrong with that) but I really, really dont understand why you concern yourself with trimmings, and colour and headlamp washers that don't work rather than actually trying to save a BX by restoring it properly.
i.e. remove outer wings. remove inner wings. grind away all dirt/grime/rust. remove rusted sections. repair rusted sections. prime. paint. underseal. repeat ad finitum to all other areas cos all bxs are made of cheese. Do you feel happy because you have genuinely 'saved' a BX to cherish & keep forever or just tarted one up that you got cheap?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

BX Bandit wrote:/\ don't you think that it would be even cooler to have a car that's rust free and sound under all the gloss and pretty features?
I'm polar opposite to you tim (nowt wrong with that) but I really, really dont understand why you concern yourself with trimmings, and colour and headlamp washers that don't work rather than actually trying to save a BX by restoring it properly.
i.e. remove outer wings. remove inner wings. grind away all dirt/grime/rust. remove rusted sections. repair rusted sections. prime. paint. underseal. repeat ad finitum to all other areas cos all bxs are made of cheese. Do you feel happy because you have genuinely 'saved' a BX to cherish & keep forever or just tarted one up that you got cheap?
It takes all sorts bandit, your far more capable mechanically than I am, the 16TRS as CCS will vouch for as the previous owner is in AMAZING condition, the first thing I did when I got it last year as I do will all my cars is get it on the ramp and have a good look, there IS NO rust anywhere, remember it only did 17000 miles in its first 15 years of life and had always been garaged (and still is). Howveer last year when Chris needed to sell noone else wanted it as it was 16 petrol.

I had the bumpers off yesterday and again no rust to be found anywhere inc the boot floor, if there was I would get it attended to. The only thing that let the TRS down was the bumpers as they were faded and the rears paint has mostly all peeled off and made the car look tatty. As i already had soem bumpers in my loft it seemed a good idea to get pthem pianted and fit them instead dont you think.

Anyway does any of these bits please.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

BX Bandit wrote:Do you feel happy because you have genuinely 'saved' a BX to cherish & keep forever or just tarted one up that you got cheap?
That's nice, Bandit. :roll: So positive... :wink:

Sure, we could all benefit from the time, skills and facilities to do as you do (I assume that's what you've done with your BX's). I probably speak for a fair few members on here in that we can't do the major restoration work you describe, for a number of reasons. I have kept my BX's on the road by a combination of regualr servicing and maintenance and by keeping a watchful eye on bodywork issues - attending (or having attended) to any welding or repairs needed. And I drive them everyday. Keeping BX's on the road.

I'm not suggesting the BX is disposable, but it's not realistic to assume that every BX that is 'saved' deserves extensive rebuilding unless the new owner wants to as a 'project'. Certainly some rarer BXs do warrant careful preservation. But for most, getting an otherwise doomed BX through an MOT, making it so that it can be kept on the road for another couple of years giving good service, is enough of a reason to do it.

On the other hand, Bandit, it's you right to voice your views and, without dedicated and able restorers like yourself, the BX will disappear. So, in turn, keep up the good work.
^^bx>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Thank you Phil. Yes I do weld and restore my Bxs. In contrast to Tims efforts I have 2 runners whereas I know Tim has more, and of course the time and skill element comes into it. But I get really frustrated with this 'saving a bx' thing when strictly speaking they're not actually saved!
I've posted my thoughts on another thread so I wont bore you by re-posting it here!

I' don't mean to be -ve, just being realistic. Sorry Tim if you've taken humbridge...
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

BX Bandit wrote: I' don't mean to be -ve, just being realistic. Sorry Tim if you've taken humbridge...
Never been to humbridge, have been to southampton, no offence taken.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Isn't humbridge where the Harchers are set on Radio 4? :D

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »