Fag lighter socket.

BX Tech talk
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I have found that if the BX fag lighter socket is used to charge phones etc the innards get bent a little and no longer hold the fag lighter part properly, the thing is still live though.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Yes and I've found that the spotlight I bought to run from the lighter only barely makes contact. Seems they are bigger. Some sort of subtle piece of French one-upmanship, I shouldn't wonder.

Reminds me of the story of Churchill's response to the Russian request for condoms during the war. He said to send large ones but to make sure the packets were marked "Small".
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I was unaware that there were different sizes of fag lighter socket!! In the cantre console I have fitted a BX fag lighter socket but its a bit too long and protrudes a bit, I will go to the breakers and see if I can find a shorter one, I originally took the power socket out to use my camping cold box, fitted the fag lighter socket, got it working, then pulled the end off of the cold box plug and found it would now fit the original socket :oops: mind you I am planning to use my laptop in the car so the bigger socket will come in handy.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft